PDA

View Full Version : damn honda quality...

staticpat
10-28-2002, 10:32 AM
i got rear ended today, by a 4g accord. it was totally his fault, so i was all physced to get some money. pulled over and there was no damage whatsoever. he was going about 20 i think, it hit pretty hard. anyways, i dont even think the bumper paint was scratched, and his front was perfect. i was super mad. i wish i had one of those fiberglass cars now, ones made to crumple on impact. he was pretty scared looking till he realized that there was no conceivable damage. i was hoping from some money... well better luck next time.

GDGuy11B
10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
you should at least get it checked out by a body shop, there might be something not visible.

Mantis88LX
10-28-2002, 10:59 AM
make sure your exuast didnt get bent, could have bent it somewere if the car came in contact with your muffler area,

bigpoppa88
10-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Also check your bumper brackets that attach to the frame, could be damaged but I doubt it.........

89lxi95zx7
10-28-2002, 11:46 AM
put on a neckbrace,and get a new car.

87AccordsterLx
10-28-2002, 11:59 AM
move the bumper around and see if its loose.... or if it seperated from the car at all.... (ie. droped down a little...) stand on the side of the car and look at the gap from the top of the bumper to where it meets the car... Did you get his 411?????

staticpat
10-28-2002, 01:45 PM
well the bumper is loose anyway, the right brackets were already broken. i think the muffler did get hit, becasue it wasnt dusty on one part. im pretty sure it wasnt hard enough to dent the frame. i didnt get his number or insurance, cuz he looked like a poor college kid like me, and im positive i could find him if i needed too though.

Mantis88LX
10-28-2002, 03:24 PM
i would have just said that the accident cause the bumper brackets to break, but thats just me :devil:
that would also teach him to be more carful next time. :D

johndej
10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
hey, don't pick on poor college kids. if you want some real cash just pour coffie on your pants in burger king and sue the hell out of them.

Scorpion88LX
10-28-2002, 06:46 PM
you need to get the bumper checked out because force dampening eliment in the bumper could be damaged. Honda used a tightly packed styrafoam that if struck breaks (good thing) and may not show, but in another acident would not take the force. If the styrafoam doesn't take this force it is tranferd to the rest of the car causing more damage and can cause injury or further injury to occupents.

ACCORD EX
10-29-2002, 01:39 AM
i think you wasn't pressin the brakes ! so the hit drove you forward !

MIKE

phatazzDX
10-29-2002, 07:48 AM
I had a Trans Am that got wacked in the rear-end by a Rodeo doing 35 MPH while I was stopped at a red light. I had mild whiplash and the dude hit me so hard the stereo ripped out of the dash. Weird. But my Trans Am had NO visable damage, not even a scratch. But the doors would not close right and the rear hatch wouldn't open. The car needed to be put on the rack and pulled straight and the hatch catch fixed. A $2000 job billed to the dude ins co.

The Rodeo had a bent bumper, broken grille and smashed headlight.

Bet you have some damage underneth that you can't see.......hope you got some ins info from the 4th gen owner.