PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box Wiring

1989se-i
10-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Is there anyway to add another fuse to your fuse box?

Im trying to make a circuit for my neon lights.

Also, where do you guys hide your wires when you run them from the engine to the trunk?

Dutchboy
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
im sure you can add a fuse in the fuse box but itll be alot easieer to run a inline fuse somewere else...

and if you want to run your wires neat and tidy...theres some holes iin the firewall (they are sealed with a rubber cover)
push the wires through it and then find it were it comes inside..then run the wires under the door jams,,,theres a bunch of screws to take out ...then it all pops off and then you can slide the wires beside the seat and into the trunk...

socal3rdgen
10-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Dutchboy
im sure you can add a fuse in the fuse box but itll be alot easieer to run a inline fuse somewere else...

and if you want to run your wires neat and tidy...theres some holes iin the firewall (they are sealed with a rubber cover)
push the wires through it and then find it were it comes inside..then run the wires under the door jams,,,theres a bunch of screws to take out ...then it all pops off and then you can slide the wires beside the seat and into the trunk...

took the words right out of my mouth

smufguy
10-28-2002, 03:29 PM
yep, inline fuses either from pepboys or walmart should not run u anymore than 2 bucks. AND never add anything to your fusebox unless u know what ur doing cause its easy to screw them up.

seems like u got a lotta plans to make ur car good again huh?

1989se-i
10-28-2002, 06:10 PM
good AGAIN? you mean its not good now? :(

3G Jester
11-11-2002, 09:20 PM
amen to inlines. its what i use. i just make sure their all in the same general area. u can buy a inline blade fuse thingy at wallmart for like 2 bucks- they run like 14 guage i think....like 2-3 inches of wire on each side of the fuse holder they work for any blade fuse. then u can get the inliine cylindrical fuse things too..i use the blades tho. keep everything universal in the car.
--trav