PDA

View Full Version : Where is the PCV valve on the 2nd Gen Prelude Si models?

pablo3264
03-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I want to change out my PCV vale but no idea where its at on my 86 SI.

My Haynes manual doesn't say where it's located. Or rather it doesn't make any sense with the details it provides. Is the CHILTON manual better?

I've searched a ton on here, preludepower and honda-tech but can't find where the pcv lives.

When and if I do find it, do I get the grommet as well?

stardogchampion
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
it is just under the fuel rail. There is a hose coming from the intake manifold with thick foam on it and it goes down to into the intake runner. The PCV is the brass fitting into the runner.
Honda Automotive Parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=PRELUDE&catcgry2=1987&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=BREATHER+TUBE+-+OIL+FILTER) #16 near top of the illustration...

pablo3264
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
it is just under the fuel rail. There is a hose coming from the intake manifold with thick foam on it and it goes down to into the intake runner. The PCV is the brass fitting into the runner.
Honda Automotive Parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=PRELUDE&catcgry2=1987&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=BREATHER+TUBE+-+OIL+FILTER) #16 near top of the illustration...

Ok great thanks! I had a feeling it was there, but was never really sure.

Earlier I blew into the hose and it makes a clicking sound. I'm gonna assume it working ok, but I may as well just replace it for peace of mind.

Also, I saw another PCV in the illustration, does that mean there's two of them or am I looking at the diagram wrong??

Lastly, I also heard one must remove the intake manifold to get to the PCV. True or not?

Thanks!

stardogchampion
03-05-2013, 01:20 PM
You dont need to remove the intake manifold to remove the PCV. its accessible between the valve cover and the intake manifold under the fuel rail.. Use a pair of pliers if you need to. I dont know what the other PCV is for, I have never been able to locate that one, it may just be another view, or for a different model.

pablo3264
03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Ok cool thanks I will probably order a new pcv from rockauto or something very soon.