PDA

View Full Version : Dallas, Texas Area Meet

KaMiKaZeE
10-28-2002, 01:54 PM
I want to start organizing a meet for anyone in the Dallas Texas area and anyone close enough to get there in their 3g. I was thinking a good time will be around early to mid march since we should have some good spring weather around then. We can meet in a park in the afternoon, have a barbeque lunch, bass-off, appearance contest, social time, dinner, and then we all drive in a pack to either the Sanger or Ennis drag strip for some racing. If you are interested please post and feel free to make suggestions.:D

DBMaster
10-28-2002, 03:16 PM
I am interested in the meet. Can't say I would win any races with a dead stock, 200K car, though.

I was beginning to think I was the only one in the Dallas area!

DBMaster
10-28-2002, 03:17 PM
Holy crap, man! I just noticed your post said Lewisville. That's where I live, too. My car came right from McNatt Honda in 1989.

I live right near Home Depot.

DBMaster
10-28-2002, 03:20 PM
You can email me at [email protected] if you want to meet up some time.

tk89acc
10-29-2002, 10:52 AM
I stay 10 minutes from Lewisville. I am down for a meet anytime just let me know.

DBMaster
10-29-2002, 12:01 PM
Good to see that there are a few of us around here.
I graduated from Lewisville HS, but still refer to the place as LOSERville. I guess that's typical for one's hometown.

You must be in Lake Dallas, Corinth, Carrollton, or Coppell?

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 12:42 PM
Heh, I'm a LHS grad too. Class of '98. You?

Oh, and I live off Fox.

tk89acc
10-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Im basically in Grapevine.

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Hey tk if that pimp 3g in your sig is yours how come I haven't seen it around? I drive in grapevine fairly often to go to the movies at the AMC Grapevine Mills 30.

tk89acc
10-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Do you ever make it towards south Grapevine. I live between 360 and 121 off of mid cities/cheeksparger road. Yep its my car but I havent been to grapvine mills in a while.

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Is it fast or all-show-no-go?

tk89acc
10-29-2002, 02:44 PM
All show. I could care less about speed.:D

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Its cool man, whatever floats yer boat. Me I always got the need for speed. No money, though.:lol

DBMaster
10-29-2002, 03:02 PM
I graduated from LHS in 83. (Old guy)

I work in Coppell and graduated from UTA so I know exactly where in Grapevine tk89 is talking about.

I live right off Old Orchard between Valley Pkwy and Valley Ridge. You wouldn't see the car from the street because it stays in the garage and we have alleys.

I drive up Edmonds from 121 to Main every day on my way home. I am the one in the clean white 89 coupe cursing all the slow pokes in that part of town!

KaMiKaZeE
10-30-2002, 11:10 AM
Hey that's cool Mike! Does your 3g have rims or mods or anythin'?

DBMaster
10-30-2002, 02:40 PM
Nothing very noticeable. I have some 14" Z-Racing alloys I bought at NTB, but I ordered Honda center emblems for them to replace the Z-Racing logos. I have repainted trim and wiper arms so all the black trim looks pretty good. That's usually a dead giveaway as the 3g trim parts look chalky if you haven't "revitalized" them.

I have a slight cosmetic issue with the passenger door handle where I fixed the damage done during a break in myself. the fuckwads pried a hole under the door handle. Can't believe that happened in broad daylight in Coppell!

When the car is clean it looks to be about 3 years old instead of 13. When I would take it in to McNatt Honda for my state inspection the service people would all stare at it and comment on how clean it is. Maybe I should sell it back to them for a display? :)

What does yours look like and where might I see it around town?

KaMiKaZeE
10-31-2002, 12:58 PM
Well currently, mine is not much of a looker as I just bought the car about mid-July from a police auction for $540 and now $900 later I have it working and licenced and inspected since about three weeks ago. It does have an almost perfect body, and the paint is somewhat dull but not blochy or peeling yet. It does have the "chalky" black trim you were talking about though which I will be repairing probably next week. One thing I am thankful for is that both my flips work perfectly, unlike most 3gs I see where the lights are stuck up or "blinkey" (one up one down). Also it happens to be my favorite 3g bodystyle and color scheme. It is a white hatchback with blue interior. It is the carb engine and an automatic, tho; So what I really want to do is sell it and just buy another white hatch but with the FI engine and manual tranny. I want (but do not have) 17" Mille Miglia Cello wheels on 215/40R17 rubber, Sprint 2.25" drop springs, short shifter (for manual trans), stage 3 clutch, Summit header, 3" cat-back exhaust, AIM intake, cam, special custom headlight conversion, and EVENTUALLY a B20B+head from B18C5+Mitsubishi super 16G turbo.

You can see me around lewisville mostly in the area between 3040 and Main st. (north and south) and between I35 and Kirkpatrick (east and west). I eat at the Taco Bell by Wal-Mart a lot, so you might catch me there, or at Cabanna across the street, or If I have money I go to El-Chico or Mercado Juarez. (If you couldn't tell I have a mexican food obsession.) Other than that, I work as a delivery driver for Luigi's on Sunday nights only, and I like to hang at the library(where I am now) or any of the bookstores or video-game stores in the area. I also see a movie whenever possible, usually a matinee at the G.M.30 or the dollar movies.

DBMaster
10-31-2002, 07:30 PM
I took my department to lunch at Luigi's a couple of months ago. I am within spitting distance of the big First Baptist Church. I drive right by Taco Cabana and Taco Hell on my way home every day and frequent the Wal Mart store.

This is good place to be Tex-Mex obssessed, though. I like Mi Patio, Angelina's, Anamia's, and sometimes Don Pablos. My favorite in Dallas, though, is A.J. Gonzales' Mexican Kitchen. It is in the Brewery building by the West End right nest door to what used to be the Starck Club back in the 80's.

If you're interested, I'll buy you lunch some time. Drop me an email at [email protected]. We'll see what kind of a deal you can get at a police auction. I had an advantage with my 89 coupe. I have been driving it since it was new. I even have a couple of small goodies that I'm not using that you're welcome to if you want 'em. I have done pretty much all of the work on mine over these last 13 years so if you need to know something just ask.

88 Accord DX
11-01-2002, 06:15 AM
i live in san angelo. i might be able to make it up there in march if we are still gonna have it. i have an aunt that lives in Ennis so if we met at the drag strip there it would be perfect cuz she races there and she will know where it is.

KaMiKaZeE
11-01-2002, 11:23 AM
Baddass man! Your aunt drag-races! And unless something comes up I think we will do it in mid-march.

And DBMaster, lunch is cool I've never been there before. Also, what goodies do you have for me?:D

DBMaster
11-01-2002, 01:38 PM
I have a chromre shifter know (for auto) with carbon fiber insert and a red/black aluminum e-brake handle.

KaMiKaZeE
11-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Not exactly speed-enhancing, but hey, I'll take it! Thanks man!:D

Oh, and I just bought my paint for the trim so I'll be doing that either tomorrow or Monday probably.

When the "fuckwads" broke in, what did they take? My stereo got jacked from my last car. It REALLY pissed me off.:pissed:
And do you want any help fixing your "cosmetic issue" from that?

KaMiKaZeE
11-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Man, I just had a good scare, too. I went to Taco Hell :devil: today for lunch and when I came back out my key wouldn't turn in the ignition! I was freaking out for a minute or two and then I figured out I had to turn the steering wheel a little to get the lock unstuck. Oh well. You don't need to use e-mail as far as for lunch unless you just want to. Just PM me with a when and where. Oh, and I added you to my buddy list.:D

DBMaster
11-01-2002, 09:08 PM
I have had that happen before. It happened once on our Oasis Minivan (Odyssey in Isuzu clothing) when my wife had it in St. Louis. Nobody in her family knew the trick and it took them like 30 minutes to figure it out. She told me about it and I said, "You just turn the wheel a little while turning the key." If you get the wheel locked with tension on it (like if you shut off the car and then turn the weel until it locks) the wheel lock will bind. You just have to take some pressure off it.

On another subject, I saw a black 4 door LXi at Wal Mart tonight with plastic over the front driver's window. It was stuck in the half open position. The car also had the one eye open/one eye closed thing going on. It was just a sad sight.

I'll PM you about lunch.

KaMiKaZeE
11-02-2002, 06:48 PM
lol! I feel sorry for him (her). I was driving around and today I saw a black LXi hatch one street over from me. I think one day soon I will put a note on his car about 3geez and the meet. Is it a good idea?

1989se-i
11-03-2002, 08:43 AM
I live in NE Oklahoma, but i may be able to make it

tK'sGuRl
11-03-2002, 03:10 PM
hey lewisville guys: my bestfriend lives in lewisville and we meet up on wednesday nights around 8ish at the sonic on Roundgrove Rd.! Well i actually haven't been out there in awhile but if you want to go check it out sometime you can go to www.streetraces.com and speak with Eryn/scoobyRoo!

DBMaster
11-03-2002, 05:12 PM
I know the area well. I have lived here since Round Grove ended at I-35 and it was just a two lane piece of blacktop. There was nothing at all on the road except the old white church.

When I was 15 I actually worked at the old Sonic on Mill Street. They tore is down and built a brand new one on the same spot a few years ago.

Wednesday is my night alone with the kids since my wife is a church music director. I am probably too old for the crowd, anyway. :)

3rdgenSLIMER
11-03-2002, 06:55 PM
hey guys id love to meet in dallas sometime. my club actually wants to go out to the ft. worth stockyards some weekend.

KaMiKaZeE
11-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey slimer, thats a baddass car u got it sounds like. Also, what is your "club" and why the stockyards???

3rdgenSLIMER
11-05-2002, 01:16 PM
well, its really not a club. its a team. we're called centurions. we hear that the stockyards have a lot of races and stuff. so we wanted to come check it out sometime.

i used to play soccer on a team that was based in lewisville. kinda ironic, and a team that was based in grapevine.

any of the texas people heard of a car club called yokoshima????

KaMiKaZeE
11-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Well, anyone in this thread is gonna be from Texas. But, no, I haven't heard of a car club called yokoshima. Should I have?:D

KaMiKaZeE
11-05-2002, 02:50 PM
Oh and about the meet, I had an idea I want to run by y'all. There is this place in dallas called TBC Indoor Kart Racing. It is a totally indoors go-kart track more for adults. They are electric karts which suprisingly go faster than most gas ones I have rode before, and the tracks (2 of them) are quite challenging with tons of turns and they are tight enough you CANNOT just go flat out all the time. You actually have to drive well. They also have 2-3 pool tables, some video games, and a Sonny Brian's BBQ inside. I think it would be a great initial meeting place before we head to the drag strip, and they do reservations for parties and special events. It would probably be a bit more expensive, though. What does everyone think???

3rdgenSLIMER
11-05-2002, 07:51 PM
i think its pretty cool......where is it located at??? my sister lives in las colinas.

KaMiKaZeE
11-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Well I'll have to check again where in dallas but I am pretty sure it is right on I35 (South Stemmons) cause I remember getting there by just going south on 35 from lewisville until I saw it on the right. I think it is close to or in downtown dallas.

3rdgenSLIMER
11-06-2002, 03:31 PM
oh its close to malibu speedway? cause i think i know where it is.

3rdgenSLIMER
11-06-2002, 03:34 PM
oh! is the stockyards not any good????? where are all the good races????

KaMiKaZeE
11-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Hmm... I don't know a lot about where to race around here except legal drags. There is midnight madness every fri I think at the sanger strip for street cars, as far as illegals, I think some guys meet at a Sonic here on wednesdays and I have heard of the "Corporate races" though I don't know anything about them.
About TBC being close to malibu, I'm not sure, I'll drive down there sometime in the next couple weeks and check. Anyone besides me and Slimer interested in having our meet at TBC???

tK'sGuRl
11-07-2002, 01:57 PM
that would be cool with me.

KaMiKaZeE
11-07-2002, 02:01 PM
:lol wtf??? tk's gurl??? 2000 mitsu mirage????
Hey what did u do to him??? Do we gotta pay a ransom or sumthin'???

3rdgenSLIMER
11-07-2002, 10:49 PM
she :flame: his car then he got mad at went :burn: so she is trying to cover it up.

tk89acc
11-08-2002, 01:02 AM
:lol: That was actually me posting I was just too lazy to logout. Im always down to meet fellow accord owners from the area just name a time and place and im sure ill show up.:D

KaMiKaZeE
11-08-2002, 01:59 PM
OK. So I'm thinkin' second Saturday in March, around 3:00pm, at TBC Indoor Kart Racing in Dallas. Is it good? Also, would it be better if it was like 6:00pm? Let's get it straight. We do wanna go to the drags after, at least to watch if ya don't wanna race. Ennis or Sanger? What time do we leave TBC to go there? 8:00pm? or later? I wanna get the specifics, go to TBC and try to make reservations, and once it's definite we can mark the thread IMPORTANT.

3rdgenSLIMER
11-10-2002, 06:37 PM
anything sounds good to me. just whenever.

DBMaster
11-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Too early for me to tell what I will be doing in March, but it is a good a date as any. I doubt I will do any racing. I already KNOW what other cars on the road can beat me - most of them.

Fast in a straight line is one thing. I do know I can drive circles around a Ford Explorer!

Later,

KaMiKaZeE
11-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Well I'm wondering if there is a way to get more people involved in this thing. What do you think of putting out a small ad in the paper to announce a dallas 3g meet? Maybe I can make some flyers to pass out? Does anyone have a better idea? I would kinda like to see more than 3-4 3g's at our meet. I think there should be like at least 10-15 to be satisfying.

3rdgenSLIMER
11-19-2002, 04:44 PM
i have no idea how to get more people there. the only thing i know, is to try and find people on the net. talk to them on here, and see if they'd like to come. but other than that, i have no earthly idear.

KaMiKaZeE
11-19-2002, 04:55 PM
I know I see a fair number of 3gs around here and there. What if I make a flyer or something that announces it with a definite time and place, as well as something to tell them about 3geez.com, and we can just keep a few in our cars at all times and just put one on the windshield when we see a parked 3g? Are you guys game for that?

DBMaster
11-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Hmmm. Maybe. There is at least one other 3g at our company. It's a black LXi sedan. Not in as good condition as mine, but not too bad.

tk89acc
11-19-2002, 08:11 PM
I could probably get a few custom cars but sadly no 3geez.:(

KaMiKaZeE
11-20-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey Slimer, I would really like to see some good pics of your ride. Would you please post some? Like some from the outside in daylight and some at night with your lights on?:flash:

3rdgenSLIMER
11-20-2002, 08:02 PM
im trying to get some good ones taken, they are hard to get good ones cause the place never prints them because they don't come out. our club is going to have a site up soon, and some of my pictures will be on there. but go to http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jojo_davis_04

KaMiKaZeE
11-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Pretty decent ones in the accord folder. I imagined the outside of your car being pearl-lime green. :lol

tK'sGuRl
11-23-2002, 12:08 PM
tk said I couldn't go becus I don't techinaclly "own" a 3gee! we will just see about that!!!

KaMiKaZeE don't laugh at my car, its gonna look better than yours one day :D!!!

If you all meet on the 2nd saturday in march that the day before my b-day!!!! woooooohooooooo
:lol

KaMiKaZeE
11-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Well I think girlfriends of 3g owners are welcome too. I mean, we wanna see other 3g owners' taste in women! Actually we wanna see ANY women! :lol and I wasn't laughing at your car, just funny that a mitsu mirage owner would be here replying to a 3g meet thread, you know? :D

jigga225
11-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Dallas is like 8 hours from me.
Houston is 3....

tK'sGuRl
11-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Im going down to Houston this week. Trying to get my car in Autorama.

^---- tk89acc

KaMiKaZeE
11-27-2002, 03:27 PM
What is autorama?

tK'sGuRl
11-27-2002, 09:31 PM
A car show. I couldnt get my car in b/c i didnt register in time but im going to try and get in the import portion of the show on saturday.

KaMiKaZeE
12-04-2002, 02:38 PM
So how'd it go at import showoff? Did ya get in? Win anything?:)

tK'sGuRl
12-04-2002, 03:10 PM
I drove by but I couldnt see the import show. When I went to Autorama sunday I found the import show tucked away in the back. I tried to get my car in but they said it was too late. My buddy was down there shooting for an online magazine and he told me I would have probably got best of show if I had entered my car. I was pissed that I couldnt enter because it was a badass trophy and 300 dollars. But O well i had a good time hanging out with my club.

tK'sGuRl
12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
couldn't get into that one either. We drove by it when we first got into houston and didn't see anyone in the parking lot so we said oh well. On sunday when we actually went to the show someone we knew came up and told tk that he shoulda shown and that he would beat all the cars that were out there (best of show was 300 dollars) so when we found out that it was out back and that we couldnt have seen it from the road him and one of our club members went to ask if they could go ahead and bring there cars in the judgung guy said it was to late.:rant: sucks cus then he coulda spent that 300 on me {jk!!!!} it woulda went towards his sliding rag!

tK'sGuRl
12-04-2002, 04:08 PM
omg!!! i'm such an idiot!!!! I didn't see that he already replied and now it wont let me delete or edit that post!!!!!:wtf:

sorry guys!!! but now you know the story 2x:werd:

whyte_accord_typeS
12-04-2002, 04:13 PM
I know some people in dallas.. If im in town by that time ill try to show up and see if my 3G can beat anybody.

tK'sGuRl
12-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Where are you from in Louisana?

KaMiKaZeE
12-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Hey if you have any friends with 3geez invite them too. I saw a 3g in a parking lot and quickly wrote a note about 3geez.com to stick on the windshield. I hope they get it.

KaMiKaZeE
12-10-2002, 03:40 PM
OK I'm gonna kinda cross two threads here, but I am REALLY wanting to start a Dallas Beater Rally Club since I love rally racing and there really is no support for it in our area. I have a thread on it in the "Off Topic" section, called "Rally Racing". Anyone want in on the ground floor of this thing? Please post in the Rally Racing thread in Off Topic to get more details and let me know if you're interested. OK?:D

KaMiKaZeE
01-20-2003, 11:30 AM
I have decided to set the date of this meet for March 15, 2003. That is actually the third Saturday in March instead of the second, but I wanted to make the meet about 2 weeks into march, and I didn't realize at the time that this march begins on a saturday. So it will be the fifteenth of March instead. I still need to make some calls and finalize a couple of things, but by the beggining of Febuary I hope to lock this thread and post an Official Sign In for the meet with absolute specifics and directions. See you then!:D

tk89acc
01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
sounds good to me!

od2681
01-26-2003, 03:50 PM
sounds interesting but im in houston...how far is dallas away from houston.

od2681
01-26-2003, 03:56 PM
hey i know lets meet up in houston...dalas is far away

dews89blkaccord
01-26-2003, 06:43 PM
I live in L.R. Ark, but I would be interested in a road trip to Dallas.
Just post where and how to get there.

tk89acc
01-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Dallas isnt that far from Houston. I make that drive about once a month to visit my car club.