PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation during acceleration

sanfermin13
10-28-2002, 03:22 PM
I need HELP! I'm getting a slight hesitation during acceleration, probably 2K-3K rpm, but that might just be when it is most noticeable. It only occurs after the car has warmed up a bit. Any ideas? I've already changed: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, auxiliary fuel filter . . .

87accordlxph
10-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Check your timing belt.
Does your car idle pretty rough?

This could be one problem.

Here's a link fer ya

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=2519&highlight=hesitate

ACCORD EX
10-29-2002, 01:02 AM
vacuum leak or mixture is not right !

MIKE

sanfermin13
10-29-2002, 07:43 AM
No problems with idling, although it is in the 1300-1600 range . . . I'll try the a/f mixture, but I really don't want to have to take my carb off . . . I'll test for vacuum leak too. Anything else?

ACCORD EX
10-29-2002, 08:00 AM
you don't have to take your carb off to ajust the mixture unless it's covered !

MIKE

Mantis88LX
10-29-2002, 10:15 AM
yea my problem turned out to be a hair line crack in one of my vaccum hoses, i just went crazy adn strated replacing all of them and it fixed, i alos cleaned the carb really good with carb cleaner

ACCORD EX
10-30-2002, 07:18 AM
glad to hear everything is ok !
BTW there is a spray to find out leaks ! what else can i use ?

MIKE

Dutchboy
11-02-2002, 04:49 PM
propane is another thing that will find leaks....it will make the car rev up or bog down depending on the hose...

thats how they found a leak on my old car....
they use a small bottle with a valve on it and a small hose and open it up a bit and just move it around all the wires to see if it does anything.

BEn

ACCORD EX
11-03-2002, 09:01 AM
wow propane ! isn't that a little bit dangerous ! :D

MIKE

Dutchboy
11-03-2002, 10:18 AM
well if you decide to have a smoke in your mouth it could be i guess...
just dont have an open flame around and do it quickly....you probably have to stop every little bit because it freezes when it comes out...ice will form around the end of the hose...

just open it a bit unti theres some coming out and move it all around the vaccuum hoses quck and you should tell if theres a leak...

or if you want to find a vacuum leak...JUST TAKE ALL OF THEM OFF!!! i think i might do that after the winter....my carb is pissing me off....it has a mind of its own

BEn