PDA

View Full Version : 3G accord gauges

2ndgensi
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey guys,

My gauge cluster on my 1991 Honda accord exi doesn't work. It doesn't show how fast you are going and also the rpm gauge doesn't work. I believe I have checked all possible fuses and was told that if my cruse control still worked "which it does" the problems with the gauges are not related to the vehicle speed sensor which I believe is the small sensor that mounts to the tranny. I am also very frustrated because I would like to pull the codes for my car but cannot as I am unable to locate the 2 prong jumper by the passenger kick panel. I have been in there and looked from every angel and cannot for the life of me find the stupid thing. It makes no sense??? It's really important I get the cluster working as we have air care where I live and I know for a fact they will not pass the car unless the speedo gauge is working. I need some help here guys, what should I do? Should I go out and buy another cluster and swap them, taking the chance it is a faulty cluster or is there something else here I may be over looking ??

Please help guys

Dr_Snooz
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
The jumper is just to the right of the glove box tucked up under the dash. It's blue in color. I use a paper clip to jumper mine. The only thing I can think of for the gauges is that you have a bad ground somewhere. Probably behind the gauges, but possibly behind the dash. Joy.

We kinda specialize in the 3rd generation Accord here and you have a 4th gen. We're happy to help, but we don't know as much about them as we do the 3g.

Good luck.

charliekuney
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
He must have a third-generation Accord because there was no EX-i after 1989. Only LX, EX and EX-R for him up in Canada.

Regarding the codes, I believe our ECU unit is under the driver's seat and from the rear you can access the light for codes.