PDA

View Full Version : K&n filter

TigaMan10
10-28-2002, 07:48 PM
I heard some one saying inthis place somewhere that. Our hondas the lxi anyways are already a cold air intake so it make no sence getting the custom intake or anything like that. I don't know thats just what i read up in here. Is that true. and what kind a power gain am i going to gain if i do this.
tigaman

smufguy
10-28-2002, 09:20 PM
that is false my man. A cold air intake is where the Actual FILTER is the first to get in contact with air. Not the piping, but the filter itself.So as u can see, the filter has to be inside the bumper.

ur looking at 2 hp gain the least with that. u will notice the difference, but the actual hp numbers do vary and they are not set. it depends on where u drive it, air temperature, density and air flow. its better to have a cold air intake or a short ram air intake than a stock one cause its more free flowing.

smufguy
10-28-2002, 09:21 PM
also, check the faqs for actual dyno tests on later engines with different cold air intakes.

anchovies
10-28-2002, 09:48 PM
weerrdd!!
The stock intake is restrictive enough with all the twists and turns and resonator. If you look carefully, the stock intake takes air from near the right head light assembly. Goes down to the resonator, back up to the filter, twist to the TB.

sanjay
11-01-2002, 06:33 AM
is there any way of just taking off the stock piping to get a better sound?

smufguy
11-01-2002, 11:24 AM
well if sound is a factor for u. what u can do is, take out the resonator box in the bumper and everything from the intake hose that dislocates near the battery. Take it off, and use a generic cone filter and go with Ghetto style. Not recommended, but its the general set up of a shot ram intake.

sanjay
11-01-2002, 03:45 PM
praveen, how would I go about putting on a short ram intake or a pod filter cheaply and easily?
and is there anything I can take off the stock housing to make the engine sound better without hurting it any?

dXsquared
11-01-2002, 03:51 PM
just take the tube off at the box... then it will howl!!

Travis

PortugalHonda
11-02-2002, 10:49 AM
when i had my dx i had a flipped lid and K&N, once installed it, i really didnt notice any beter throttle response or more power at all

Mantis88LX
11-02-2002, 11:56 AM
i did

BLck89accord
11-02-2002, 12:14 PM
personally....i like the chrome filters from autozone. Not sure if they have them at yall's local autozone's, but they look just like K&N, accept not red and are cheaper...made of same shit, same size and everything. But i like this on becuz it will also suck in air from the end, instead of having a cap on the end like most K&N's do. Probably not hardly any difference in performance at all, but hey, every little bit counts.