PDA

View Full Version : Carb. Cleaner Spray Seems To Realy Work

HondaBoy
10-28-2002, 07:53 PM
i decided to go ahead and clean my carb with some carb cleaner spray. i got it at O'riley's. it was their brand. my friend was actually goning to clean his throtle body so be bought it. now i would have to say if u are doing this, have your car cooled down. u know have it just setting for a few hours. then i believe this is a project for 2 people to do. its just because 1 person has to spray the cleaner into the engine (while its running) and another has to be there to give it some gas. this is because it will be getting cleaner into the engine and bogs down. it u spray cleaner while the engine is off, i will not start. or not very easy. i did this to my carb, and now the car runs a lil better, is getting better gas mileage, and is getting better throtle response. this is wut i have observed. well neway i think no matter how clean u think your carb, or throtle body is, get some cleaner and do this. hope this help some one out.

ACCORD EX
10-29-2002, 01:00 AM
just to add ! if you can 't get another person to help you can press the gas while spraying from the engine bay with one hand and spray with another ! :)

MIKE

Neuspeed87lx
10-29-2002, 07:11 PM
yes carb cleaner helps... but i do not think your supposed to spray it with the car running ...it says on the side of the bottle to spray it into the carb(with the car off) and let it sit for 5-10 min and then start the car...im pretty sure its flammable...i spray it with the car off all the time and the car dosent have any problems starting ..it acually starts better.

ACCORD EX
10-30-2002, 07:19 AM
om my carb cleaner it's written to spray while the car is off and then spray again when car is on ! may be different brands !

MIKE

HondaBoy
10-30-2002, 04:46 PM
i wuz just doing wut my friend said to do. i didnt even spray it my self. he said hes done this many times. mostly on V8s and stuff. well it worked out well so its not the last time im doing it.

Grant2k
11-01-2002, 08:37 PM
i've never read the directions but i have always done it with the car running because that's how my dad does it. i haven't had any fires yet.

HondaBoy
11-01-2002, 08:44 PM
hey Grant2k, can u post a big pic of ur car? from ur avatar its looks realy good. ya thats how almost everyone i know does the carb cleaner wit the car on.

A20A1
11-01-2002, 08:54 PM
It depends, i've bought a spray that goes on with the car running and a foam you let sit with the car off.

Grant2k
11-01-2002, 10:16 PM
thanks a lot Hondaboy. lemme take some good pictures of it at the meet this weekend. Mike, would you mind if i email the pictures to you and have you post them? the ones i have now are crappy and grainy because they were taken with my crappy digital camera. i will try and scan some good ones this week. thanks for the compliment!

sorry to get off topic.

A20A1
11-01-2002, 10:38 PM
ok I'll post some

ACCORD EX
11-02-2002, 05:21 AM
which Mike ?? :confused:

MIKE

Grant2k
11-02-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
which Mike ?? :confused:

MIKE

i was talking to A20A1, but who ever's up for it. thanks guys.

ACCORD EX
11-02-2002, 11:51 AM
:lol !

MIKE