PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights Anyone

Red88Hatch
10-28-2002, 08:08 PM
1.What are some good links to shop for Fog lights??
2.What kind is the best / cheapest "best bang for your buck"

86accord4dr
10-28-2002, 08:21 PM
well funny thing. i just went to "Princess Auto" (dont know if you have one where you live but anyhow) and picked up some for $25 CDN. I wasn't expecting much but they rule. They were marketed under "Optronics" out of Fort Gibson, OK. The model i got is QH-36IK. I go to walmart a week later and they have the very same lights. Halogen, 55 watt even the same housing just diff packaging the whole 9 for $48! lol then i go to another auto parts shop, exact same ones marketed under "Hella" for $55! so i'm laffing my ass off. cuz they're good lights. not all yellow and crappy. they come with a relay and even a lighted LED push switch. No ghey toggle for me... hehe so yeah they are good. I'd stick to Walmart, Target or big stores like that.

I try to go to small import shops for my other shit but in this case you can't beat the price. if you can find a deal like i did go for it... but don't pay a bunch more for a name... ask your friends what they got...

GLOW BABY GLOW

1989se-i
10-29-2002, 11:44 AM
I live near Ft Gibson OK :D yay!

HondaManDan
10-29-2002, 02:49 PM
I went to Wal-Mart and blew 35 bucks on a set of "Pro Racing" super white fogs... i like em.. however the remote control sender unit fucked up on me so i just ran a solid switch to it.

87Hybrid
10-29-2002, 04:51 PM
I bought mine at the plant ( I work at the Freightliner/ Western Star truck manufacturing plant) they cost about $12.00 a piece from a Freightliner Columbia series truck. I mounted tehm in 4" ABS piping and cut holes in teh lower grille and wired them through a relay.

Defiant[YD]
10-29-2002, 06:33 PM
yah, i agree, stick to walmart. got ultraline blue halogen fogs from them and i like em. it's under each of my bumper lights. best part is that the fogs i got are upgradable!!!

MyGarbageLXi
10-29-2002, 07:16 PM
i wanna slam some fogs being mesh drill in the bottom corners of the bumpers where those plascics slide out, think these Walmart Generic Fogs will fit??

original2k
10-29-2002, 08:56 PM
HAHAHAHA actually i JUST bought those same Optronics 55w foglights at my walmart for.......$15!!!!!! lmao no lie, i can't believe this, small world afterall eh? :bow: 2k

86accord4dr
10-29-2002, 09:25 PM
yeah man that's a riot... but that's $15 US... so i actually got the better deal ;)

lol gotta love the "cheap pimps"

87AccordsterLx
10-29-2002, 10:05 PM
wow really...? $15 fog lights that work good? Thats awesome... Im heading down there tomorrow.... They arent the kind that looks like a rainbow kinda are they... ya know like gas looks on the ground with the tie die effect...? Those seem cheap to me.. I want a fog light that matches the color of my headlights and turn signals... even hyperwhite would be cool....

original2k
10-30-2002, 06:02 AM
lol.....i haven't installed them yet! but at least some1 said they look good cuz i wasn't sweating $15 anyways, i'm installing them when i get a freakin day off work! haha well they are rainbowy when u look at them, like yellow at first then turn it and their kinda green then ya know, oh well i'm gonna install them suckers someday!!!

DarknessRS
10-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Not exactly cheap, but they're nice.

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/frontclose.txt

Piaa 001 Series (http://www.piaa.com/displayLamp.php3?inc=001x.html) 35w H3 Halogens