PDA

View Full Version : Setup help

88 Accord DX
10-29-2002, 05:59 AM
i totally suck with systems. anyway i installed mine yesterday and i ran the power wire straight through the engine and now im getting a noise that goes with my RPM's. how the hell do i fix this? if i have to move my battery to my trunk then screw it cuz thats too much work.

n88accordLX-i
10-29-2002, 08:13 AM
make sure your RCA's are ran on the opposite side of the car of the power wires

loco87
10-29-2002, 09:39 AM
it could also be a cheap ass amp.

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 09:44 AM
90 % sure its becuz of your rca wires and your power wire are on the same side of the car. run the rcas on one side and the power on the other. that should fix it.

pmip
10-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Like everyone said, make sure the power wires and RCA cables are on differant sides. Make sure you have a good ground, and try twisting the RCA cables, as that is supposed to get rid of some of the noise. Also, most audio places and even places like Walmart sell little electronic things (I can't remember what they're called) that are supposed to get rid of alternator whine, although I don't know how well they work, if at all.

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 10:26 AM
as a network tech they teach you that twisting wires helps in canceling out noise. good advice pmip

88' Accord Ltd
10-29-2002, 01:33 PM
I used to have a shitty amp and it picked up that noise. When i bought my new amp the noise was gone! What kinda amp are you running? Oh and also what everyone else was saying about the cords too, dont run the RCAs by the power wire. In my car i have them running on opposite sides under the carpet down the center of the car.

88 Accord DX
10-29-2002, 08:21 PM
yeah i knew not to run the power on the same side as the RCA's. it prolly is just the amp. some dude jsut gave it to me. its a cheap ass little 100 watt some brand i never heard of. oh well you cant beat free.