PDA

View Full Version : Mature EX-I owners PLease!

Problematic86EX-I
10-29-2002, 08:44 AM
I have an 86 EX-I. Its Shit. The problem i have with my car is
1. PGM-FI Light
2.Heater doesnt work
3.Little hesitation when you start driving but goes away after like 20 km/h

Can anybody help me out and tell me how to fix these problems and why theyre happening?

:chainsaw:

Problematic86EX-I
10-29-2002, 08:59 AM
How long does it take to answer 3 fucking questions!

89lxi95zx7
10-29-2002, 09:02 AM
you have to wait more than 10 fucking minutes!! just kidding,check how to section,sorry i cant help but had to bust your balls.

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 09:35 AM
whoa dude chill out. im sure some one will answer if not a few ppl. not everyone is up this fucking early in the morning. give them a chance to respond. by tommorow or midday today you should be closer to finding the answer. i cant help but i do know a thing or 2 about posting and not being a dickhead when my car fucks up. i ask my question and patiently wait till someone answers and it doesnt take long.

Problematic86EX-I
10-29-2002, 09:44 AM
hey bud i dont need ur fucking advice on how to post! if u aint givin me advice i suggest u go fuck urself!

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 09:46 AM
:stupid:

seems to me that you want to talk to only mature owners but yet i feel like im talking to a 9 year old. :flip:

89lxi95zx7
10-29-2002, 11:10 AM
WHAT A DICK.I HOPE NOBODY GIVES YOUR DUMB ASS ANY ADVICE.

GreenMachine
10-29-2002, 05:11 PM
You really think someone is gonna help an asshole ?

carotman
10-29-2002, 06:21 PM
hahaha, you come here to expect an answer and you treat people like shit. You're lucky I feel fine today.

1- PGM-FI lights comes on.

Can be alot alot alot of problems. Look under your driver seat. There is a boc with a little tab covering the side facing the rear of the car. Flip it when the light is on and you'll be able to read the code. Then, compare the code with the one in the FAQ section.

2- Heater doesn't work.

Check the heater cables going to the heater hose under the hood. There is a valve that will allow coolent to flow inside the heater core.

If everything is fine. check the fire going to the heater core itself. That wire will control the air flow. If the air doesn't pass through the core, it won't be hot.

3- Hesitation:

Solve the PGM-FI light first. If the hesitation is still present. Come back here.

Now, I'm giving you your first and last warning. This is a place for car enthusiast to share knowledge and have fun. If you can't wait long enough for an answer, leave this place(it can even take up to a day or 2). If no one knows the answer, you won't get any replies either. This isn't a live chat you know.

flamed89
10-29-2002, 06:26 PM
damn carotman i wouldn't have told his stupid, impatient ass a f@#%in' thing!

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 06:32 PM
yeah fuck him. but when stupid assholes come on this board with a chip on there shoulder i gotta let them know. i cant knock carotman for tryin to help. thats what this board is about am i right. give me a :werd:

Coroncho80
10-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Problematic86EX-I is kind of upset 'cause he cought his mom sucking my dick last night!................. Its ok dude, moms do that shit too :lol

89lxi95zx7
10-30-2002, 05:25 AM
:lol

chomezy
10-31-2002, 07:26 PM
I hope you don't mind my asking. I own an 86 Accord (just bought it) and I didn't realize the dome light and the 2 driver side door lights don't come on (among MANY other problems). I've checked the bulbs, but I can't find anything. Could anyone help me please?

Thanks

flamed89
10-31-2002, 07:44 PM
:werd:
i'm herein' ya on that one

chomezy
10-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Having problems with your car as well?? I think I got screwed when I bought the car. paid $1200 cdn, and the rockers, and the entire inner uni-body are rusted. Not only that, but when I stop at a red light, the car vibrates like crazy.

1988starter
10-31-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by chomezy
I hope you don't mind my asking. I own an 86 Accord (just bought it) and I didn't realize the dome light and the 2 driver side door lights don't come on (among MANY other problems). I've checked the bulbs, but I can't find anything. Could anyone help me please?

Thanks

Sounds like a problem with the door switch open the door an look at the frame their is a little L shaped piece of plastic fiddle with it to see if the light ccomes on.

89lxi95zx7
11-01-2002, 05:59 AM
those door switches suck,everyone has probs w/ em'.me included

1988starter
11-01-2002, 11:52 AM
I havent but pink did

AZmike
11-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
yeah fuck him. but when stupid assholes come on this board with a chip on there shoulder i gotta let them know. i cant knock carotman for tryin to help. thats what this board is about am i right. give me a :werd:
:werd:

This board is great. It may take a day or two to get the answer that solves my problem, but the answer usually ends up saving me hours of work later on. People asking for help should either be patient or find someone else to bitch at.

chomezy
11-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Thanks alot for all your help, I appreciate. This is going to give a few ideas on how to fix it at least. Once I get that solved I can move on to other many problems I have. Brakes, anitfreeze(black as night), Wishbone, Glove box(doesn't close), the list goes on. Did any one else have this many problems with their car, or did I just buy a piece a shit!!!! haha

Chubs87Accord
11-05-2002, 11:58 AM
theres gonna be some stuff wrong... a lot of people think our cars were beaters and abused them :sniffle:: like with mine the lady i bought it frot drove around for 2 years with the trans fluid dipstick in the glove box! she didnt even know what it was... and she didnt get an oil change for 10,000 MILES!!!! anyway.. once the little problems are fixed our cars are frikkin awesome!!

GreenMachine
11-05-2002, 09:29 PM
chomezy - well ya did pay only 1200 so i'd expect a few prob for sure and at least ya got the efi engine. If your like me i enjoying fixing things... to a certain point anyhow. Well good luck with that

smufguy
11-06-2002, 08:04 AM
chubs, thats a nice way for advertising ur company :D. play it safe on the sig. hahaha, sneaky man u are.

For the first dude. where the fuck is he??? he wants an answer in like 20 mts?? ahhh man....... i feel bad that I DID NOT SEE IT IN TIME. Ur sorry to bust his balls, i would have smashed em. :flip: ~~jackass!!

socal3rdgen
11-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
chubs, thats a nice way for advertising ur company :D. play it safe on the sig. hahaha, sneaky man u are.

For the first dude. where the fuck is he??? he wants an answer in like 20 mts?? ahhh man....... i feel bad that I DID NOT SEE IT IN TIME. Ur sorry to bust his balls, i would have smashed em. :flip: ~~jackass!!

i got to bust them. he he he :flip:

chomezy
11-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
theres gonna be some stuff wrong... a lot of people think our cars were beaters and abused them :sniffle:: like with mine the lady i bought it frot drove around for 2 years with the trans fluid dipstick in the glove box! she didnt even know what it was... and she didnt get an oil change for 10,000 MILES!!!! anyway.. once the little problems are fixed our cars are frikkin awesome!!

WOW, now thats an engine. Well the rockers are fixed, the exhaust is fixed. Now all I'm concerned with is passing the E-Test. After that I can finally put it on the road, and I'll probably be happy with it. In fact, it already sounds and feels much better after I tuned it up and fixed the exhaust pipe.

That's one hell of an engine you got!!!

chomezy
11-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
chomezy - well ya did pay only 1200 so i'd expect a few prob for sure and at least ya got the efi engine. If your like me i enjoying fixing things... to a certain point anyhow. Well good luck with that

I agree with you, I expected some things needed to be done, but the dude that sold me the car, totally lied when I asked him about the rockers. Cause when I got it checked out after I bought it, the guy said someone tried to lift the car in this condition, thats why part of the uni-body was lodged up by the top of the rocker.

Ya, I enjoy fixing things too, I bought the Chilton book and just went at it, but there is no way I could fix those rockers. And thanks, I just HOPE it passes the E-Test

safeel
12-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Ma, u guys pay too much for ure cars. guess how much got my acord for? Its the EFI not the carb.
I got it for 200 pound, no rust, no fucking problems AT ALL, just the fue pump needed changing, hich coste 35 pounds all in.
So how many dollars is £235??
Thats like about $400 or some shit and u guys paying like $1200
I can pick these cars up all day for £500 , a jap import 16vlve version sold for £500 3 days ago.
Cheap a fuk ovr here in the UK, mayb u guys should come over an take em back.

toastyghost
12-16-2002, 07:27 AM
hey im having this problem with my car and its doing weird things when i step on the gas someone help..

toastyghost
12-16-2002, 07:28 AM
FUCK YOU FUCKING FAGOTS ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION WHY HAVEN'T YOU SENT SOMEONE TO MY HOUSE TO FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT YET

anchovies
12-16-2002, 02:51 PM
1 minute...hihi..can't you do it in the same minute?

87DXHatch
12-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by toastyghost
FUCK YOU FUCKING FAGOTS ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION WHY HAVEN'T YOU SENT SOMEONE TO MY HOUSE TO FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT YET

LLLLLLOOOOLLLL :lol :lol :lol You just made my day!!!!

BTW, that Maddox site kicks ass too. :wave:

jays87
12-21-2002, 08:00 PM
yea the lights have somethin to do wit theblack thing in the door yea u no the ones that turn the lights off and on cause i have an 87b and my dad has a 89 and it does the same thing you gotta play wit them alittle

jay

njpeter
12-28-2002, 11:15 AM
but (pick 1)....

1-the don't let me play with sharp objects
2-lent my gas can to the local dope dealers
3-once put disel into a car at the advice of internet experts
4-dropped nuts and bolts down running engines to check if the "converter" was working, It sure was, I got iron filings out the exhaust, just like the guy on the board told me so. I couldn't find a kitten young enough to get down the intake, like some other guy told me to..he said cataylitic was just a fancy pants term for kitty
5-buying more spare cars to annoy the hell outta my wife ( and my town's building department)
6-Waiting in line at the DMV to register above cars so I could tell the builing inspector to take a walk, I'm legal and for now there is no rule on how many tagged cars I can have on my prorperty
7-trying to figure out how to ge the next 3g meet in my back yard
8-drinking way too much cofee

Accord-SEI-89
12-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by safeel
Ma, u guys pay too much for ure cars. guess how much got my acord for? Its the EFI not the carb.
I got it for 200 pound, no rust, no fucking problems AT ALL, just the fue pump needed changing, hich coste 35 pounds all in.
So how many dollars is £235??
Thats like about $400 or some shit and u guys paying like $1200
I can pick these cars up all day for £500 , a jap import 16vlve version sold for £500 3 days ago.
Cheap a fuk ovr here in the UK, mayb u guys should come over an take em back.

$1200 CDN is like $750 US

Hardly think it would be worth it to fly over for $700 US and pay shipping and import duty to bring it back in... oh yeah and 500GBP = $800 US

Just my 2 pense worth...

TD

1987HondaAccord
12-30-2002, 03:44 PM
my dome light doesn't work.... any suggestions?

anchovies
12-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 1987HondaAccord
my dome light doesn't work.... any suggestions?

Change the bulb.

njpeter
12-31-2002, 01:05 PM
don't you have to open a door?, I'd say depending on other factors you have neglected to mention, I'd say rather then doing an extensive trace of the harness and checking the switches, opening the door is the first logical step, checking switch position second, bulb third and then that fuse thing may be it.

all in good fun..I've not had a dome lamp bulb fail on me, but there is always a first time. Might be a real problem if the car has been in an accident ( like getting worked over by a not so good alarm installer)

87DXHatch
12-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Here's what you do:

Open the door with the switch for the light in the middle position, there should be an L shaped piece of plastic. Make sure this is coming out.

The baffoon who owned my car before me hammered the metal in on the plastic piece so it always stayed shut, so the light never came on. I had to remove the whole device and pry the metal open before it started moving back and forth again.

Hope this helps.

slickrick
03-06-2003, 01:30 AM
next time let someone like that dude go to a shop and get charged a 50 to 60 dollar inspection fee, no free stuff for ingrates.

slickrick
03-06-2003, 01:30 AM
next time let someone like that dude go to a shop and get charged a 50 to 60 dollar inspection fee, no free stuff for ingrates.

Sharky196
03-06-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Problematic86EX-I
I have an 86 EX-I. Its Shit. The problem i have with my car is
1. PGM-FI Light
2.Heater doesnt work
3.Little hesitation when you start driving but goes away after like 20 km/h

Can anybody help me out and tell me how to fix these problems and why theyre happening?

:chainsaw:

How to fix your heater: First, go out and get in your car and close the door. Then reach up on the dash and break those heater control knobs off and pitch them out the window.(After all: Your heater don't work anyways!). Then proceed to simply opening your mouth and letting all that hot air flow out into the passenger compartment. That should be warm enough for ya! Better yet; Why not but a different car, that the heater already works in? You don't deserve to drive a 3g anyways.
Have a nice day!;) Glad I could help!

toastyghost
03-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Hey everyone I finally fixed that weird thing in my car I was having.. no thanks to you peasants. Anyway this is how I did it:

1. 3g->junkyard
2. tow-away $$
3. old ass Camry

And if you like Maddox you should read the rants on wtfiml33t.com as well, some of them are pretty good. (Not to be biased but a few of them are mine)

2twisty
03-07-2003, 09:56 AM
There's this thing dangling under the big thing in my car.

Can you tell me what this thing does?

:tongue:

MrBen
03-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh, its the thingy thing.

'A20A3'
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
no its not, it the thing with the thingy on it that does that thing, you know, the thing?