PDA

View Full Version : hey Jim, I just got in touch with B&G...

markmdz89hatch
10-29-2002, 02:12 PM
yeah, so like it says, I spoke to a rep from B&G today, and he confirmed that the springs are supposed to be wound for a 1.6" drop. In fact, all Accord springs that they make are wound for a 1.6. Anyway, he gave me the run-around, and tried to duck out of a warranty claim, but did agree with me that it was really not supposed to do what it did. And now, it even is beginning to seem as though the ass is sagging more and more everyday. Anyway, the verdict: I'm going to get in touch with SHOX.com and make a warranty claim through them, and get a new set of springs. (At least that's what I hope happens.)

Jims 86LXI HB
10-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Well that's good, but,.....how did you go from the run around to getting in touch with shox? Did B&G say to do that as part of doing a warranty claim?

I wonder how it will work? I'll bet they'll ask you to send them the defective springs and once they get them, then they will send you the new one's. I'll be shocked if they tell ya they'll send the new one's first. Do you still have your stock springs around?

markmdz89hatch
10-29-2002, 02:51 PM
yeah, the guy at B&G said that they do not accept warranty claims direct from the public, they will only honor warranty claims through the original reseller of the springs. That, in all reality, is not a bad idea. The most important is that they're there to give a suggestion of what to do.

As far as the run-around, yeah, he was just trying to play a little psych games with me, pointing out all of the good properties of their springs. I let him know that I am very happy with the performance aspect, but the ride hieght was my concern. That's when he suggested to talk to the original reseller.

I'm going to call shox right now to see how they want to handle this. Yeah, I still got the original springs.

markmdz89hatch
10-29-2002, 03:06 PM
ok, just got off the phone with shox.com. They said that there's only two ways to work the warranty claim.

1. I send them the springs, they get them, send them to B&G, have B&G inspect them, determine that they are in fact a defect, then order a new set, and have them sent out to me. I have to pay shipping again.

2. I dip down deep into my pocket. Buy another set of the B&G's from shox.com, have them send them to me, I get them switch them out, then send the old (bad) ones to them, they repeat the first half of option 1, then after the springs are determined defective, they credit my account the cost of the order minus the shipping charges.

So, regardless of what option i choose, it'll be a while before I get the ball rolling b/c I can't afford to lose the use of that car for 2+ weeks, and can't afford to buy another set of springs.:rant:

Me--> :argue: <-- Shox.com

ACCORD EX
10-30-2002, 07:31 AM
if i were you i wouldn't go with the 2 nd option ! never pay more money ! :D

MIKE

toastyghost
11-03-2002, 12:17 AM
yeah i agree, in fact i would save a few more bucks and just cut a few coils off the stock springs.. j/k

doug
11-03-2002, 12:32 AM
I'd probably say fuck B&G, buy something else, install them, send the shit back to shox and sue them if I did not get my money back.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
ok, just got off the phone with shox.com. They said that there's only two ways to work the warranty claim.

1. I send them the springs, they get them, send them to B&G, have B&G inspect them, determine that they are in fact a defect, then order a new set, and have them sent out to me. I have to pay shipping again.

2. I dip down deep into my pocket. Buy another set of the B&G's from shox.com, have them send them to me, I get them switch them out, then send the old (bad) ones to them, they repeat the first half of option 1, then after the springs are determined defective, they credit my account the cost of the order minus the shipping charges.

So, regardless of what option i choose, it'll be a while before I get the ball rolling b/c I can't afford to lose the use of that car for 2+ weeks, and can't afford to buy another set of springs.:rant:
Me--> :argue: <-- Shox.com

Well their doing just what I knew they would do, it's kinda standard business practice. That's why I asked you if you still have your stock springs. Put the stock springs on and send the defective springs back to shox. I'd take a picture of your car on jack stands with out the strut assemblies on and send a picture of that along with the springs. Tell them your waiting for them to send the new one's and please don't take week's to do the right thing, I want my car back:deal: :D :D