PDA

View Full Version : I got the shakes

BigCook
10-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Ok, when my car is in drive and at a stop light, the car shakes. It only does this if I turn wheel while not moving, or turn on the headlights. The car idles a little under 1k. When I turn on the headlights the idle drops a little and the car shakes. I just changed the front motor mount and the torque strut mount. Would the power coil have anything to do with this? or should I raise my idle? I don't know what to do please help.

BigCook
10-29-2002, 02:48 PM
BTW the car is auto.

1989se-i
10-29-2002, 05:11 PM
mine does that too, but only when i turn the wheel.

flamed89
10-29-2002, 06:06 PM
mine does the same. horrible if i turn on the a/c. hole damn steering column shakes violently!

Neuspeed87lx
10-29-2002, 07:05 PM
yup me accord did that too ...

BigCook
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
So I'am not the only one, now how the hell do I fix it? This is getting on my nerves. My car feels like a big red vibrator.

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-29-2002, 07:15 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!!! a vibreater lol mine does it when i slow down at a stop sign its the cv joing but mine is 5spd

shepherd79
10-30-2002, 04:49 AM
i had the same problem, after i replaced the alternator it went away.

Immeraufdemhund
10-30-2002, 05:57 AM
i replaced my alt, and my problem is still their. i went to honda yesterday and they said i only have 1 calliper almost dead. So i'm thnking i'm doing rather good for only that to happen. But i still have the shakes if my car is below 1k. I have a 5 spd so i just keep my foot on the brake and on the gas. I guess my fix would be to raise my idle.

BAGAZZ
10-30-2002, 09:07 AM
Hi there,

I have the same problem. I asked a friend of mine, he said it could me 2 things;

Motor Mounts or the Transmission Mounts are shot.

1. Put you car in Neutral, If it shakes your car, your motor mounts are gone.

2. Put you car in drive, if it shakes it could be you tranny mount.

When I redid mine, it was the tranny mount?

Good luck!

Immeraufdemhund
10-31-2002, 06:43 PM
is that a question or a statement at the end. And it seems to me that when our cars our stuggeling it shakes the entire car. Say you have a 5 speed keep it in 5th gear and come to almost a complete stop. Your car goes crazy...though i would imagine that's not to cool on the car, so i wouldn't recommend doing it very often

dosh8er
11-02-2002, 08:24 AM
i'd have to say it's an idle issue. I have a similar problem (5spd). It does it when it's really cold outside, and the engine is at the correct idle temp. I think, for me, it has something to do with my warm idle valve. I know my idle adj. screw is almost to it's maximum adj. distance. I'm thinking if i replaced my warm idle valve, i'd have better idle, since i have had problems since I cleaned it. (even though i elimiated the crazy yo-yo idle by cleaning it)