PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper parts

jlaccord89lxi
10-29-2002, 02:58 PM
I need to replace my front drivers side bumper mount on my '89 coupe. I could either go out to a place that i am really not comfortable taking my car because it has a reputation of being a "chop-shop" and therefore they could see something in my car that they like while i'm there, but then again i know they have tons of '88-89's AND they have a better chance of taking off the parts i need without damaging them than i do, OR i could go to my local junkyard down the road from me where they have 2 x 86-87's, and i could get the parts myself. Is this mount the same for all 3g's? I also need to get --- i hope someone will know what part i'm about to describe --- the strip of plastic that the front bumper cover screws/clips are mounted to (the screws go through the actual bumper cover, then through this plastic piece and screw into the metal clips. This plastic piece stretches from one pop-up headlight to the other. As long as i can get this piece intact, i'll be happy, but i need to know if these parts are compatable with all 3g's? I know the front bumper covers are slightly different from 86/87 to 88/89 so thats why i asked about that plastic strip. Any help would be great :werd:

shepherd79
10-30-2002, 04:51 AM
i would say yes. they should be the same for every 3G years. if not, than i am screwed because i wan tto putt 88 bumper on my accord.

Immeraufdemhund
10-30-2002, 06:58 AM
It's to my understanding that htey are the same. If you watned to look in the apperance section and read up on some of the body kits all the kiddys are wanting over their. wait..i'm a kiddy too... DOWBT!

ACCORD EX
10-30-2002, 07:12 AM
i have a 88 pumber on my 87 ! but i didn't install it my self !

MIKE