PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft query 86 Aerodeck 2.0 manual

Ffatlac3
03-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Hi guys, My drive shaft has popped out of the CV joint and has sheared the very ends from the splines. Therefore the snap ring will no longer hold. Car is for sale and has decided to throw a wobbly just now..Great! Can't find one in UK and can't get it remanufactured. Many suppliers list them as in stock but cannot supply on enquiry. Have seen them on ebay US but just want to make sure it will be same fitment. Car is 1986 Aerodeck EX 1955cc Manual carbed. I need l/h (UK passenger side) driveshaft assembly. Will the US driver side assembly be identical please?
If anyone has one available please give me a holla.. Many thanks,Scott

Legend_master
03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Have you checked out rockauto? They ship across the world, and have many parts. As far as the comparability I believe the only difference I'm axles is between the dohc and sohc motors.

Ffatlac3
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi,thanks,no I hadn't heard of those guys. I've had a look at their catalogue but only seems to bring up L4 under 1986 Accord, which seems a bit odd? Perhaps an email might be in order. Appreciated input..cheers,Scott

Ffatlac3
03-25-2013, 09:50 AM
No dice with RockAuto unfortunately.. If anyone knows of any suppliers that would be likely to have them in I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Jeez,they're quite an unusual car over here but there's tonsa 3geez needing shafts that are prone to pop in the states surely?

Ffatlac3
03-25-2013, 12:01 PM
BTW, I'm guessing that there'll be no difference between shafts for the EDM EX models and the USDM DX surely? Both are for the A20a no?

Legend_master
03-25-2013, 01:31 PM
The only difference I could think would be if you have ABS.

Ffatlac3
03-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Okay that's great,thank you very much. I am speaking with RockAuto now who now say they have parts and am waiting for them to confirm that they will indeed fit 98hp sohc. But now ,whilst reading around the net I am getting conflicting trans codes. Some say 86 non injection car is a2k5 and some say a2q6.Whilst some say a2q6 is for the prelude. I am wondering if this will be a headache!!

Ffatlac3
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
And even as I type it seems I'm sh*t out of luck! Here's the reply I just got. Must be to do with differing trans types used by EDM and USDM at the time... Oh well ,back to the drawing board...

Hello,

The four part numbers you listed are correct for the American market 1986 Honda Accord 2.0 L4. If your accord was built and designed for the UK, the parts you have provided won't work. We do carry some parts for the 1.6L L4 European market Accord, but not the half shaft assemblies.

If your vehicle was designed for the European market we currently do not have the correct parts for your vehicle. When navigating our site, we have flags next to all the part numbers to show what market these parts are designed for. A represents parts designed for European market vehicles. The
represent the North American market.

griffs68
04-02-2013, 06:03 PM
this may be a bit off but if you could get the specs for the shaft from somewhere you should be able to call 3m here in the states and have them make a shaft ... they make custom length ones for off road guys all the time. Do not see why they couldnt do the same for ya