PDA

View Full Version : just shy of 90k, new member from TN

amethyst_rocks
03-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello 3geez.
I have been reading blog posts here for the past week or so and found this community so incredibly helpful and friendly that I had to join. I drive an 89 LX-i coupe with an automatic transmission. I will post pics once the five post thing goes through. Plans for the car are minor, as it is my daily driver and I like how it runs for the most part. I want to lower it 1.5 inches correctly, slap some fresh paint on it and I was thinking integra wheels from the same year with honda center caps. I bought a set years ago from a junkyard but never got tires. I am growing to appreciate this car for what it is. I have set the car on fire and it still hasn't killed me. Factory muffler magically got loud one day and I thought it was cool. Looked like Swiss cheese at the end. Pics to come. Car is just under 90,000 miles, and I want to keep it running forever. I am excited to join this community and hope everybody's doing well.

David

ecogabriel
03-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Welcome!.
I have also learned to like my 3G a big deal; they just grow on you.

derolph
03-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Welcome! I am quite the 5-post requirement to post photos was dropped a few months ago, so you can post photos anytime. Would like to see your car.

Dr_Snooz
03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome! I had a giant backfire one day in my truck that blew a hole in the back of one of the mufflers. When I started it again, the sound was perfect with a low V8 rumble. I learned that it would be possible to tune the sound of your stock muffler by drilling holes in it. If you're not happy with the sound of your muffler, keep drilling more holes!! LOL