PDA

View Full Version : Caliipers

Immeraufdemhund
10-30-2002, 06:55 AM
I went to honda yesterday and they changed my oil then inspected my car for problems. They said that my right front calliper is 90% gone and should be replaced. I agreed and had them order the parts for me. They said they'd put it on but like it was going to be 217. which for them is cheap but for me...yah right. :rolleyes: So i went home and talked to Tio, he helped me put in my clutch in my prelude and he said it was my entire brake thing. So i'm thinkin hey that's not hard to put in. My question is... is it hard, any special tricks that i can do to put it in? ///// or another different question can i ask honda to have their tech help me to put it in at their shop. Yah it's a little bit weird of a question, but then again it never hurts to ask. Just wondering.

ACCORD EX
10-30-2002, 07:15 AM
is that 217 $??? that cheap ! i think it's rebuild ! anyway a caliper is so easy to replace only the bolts holding the caliper assembly will get the shit out of you to turn loose !

MIKE

GDGuy11B
10-30-2002, 07:20 AM
i doubt very highly that they will let you work on your car in their shop. insurance reasons. most shops don't even let the customers in to see their cars.

Grant2k
10-30-2002, 09:14 AM
they want to charge you $217 for just the caliper? i replaced both of mine with rebuilt ones and they came to like $60 each. i would hope that $217 is with parts and labor for both sides. they are really easy to change, all you need is a jack, and no, no shop will let you use their equiptment. but you have to bleed the brakes to do it, so you should know how to do that.

shepherd79
10-30-2002, 09:57 AM
man, i went to autozone got new front calipers, brake pads, new rotors, new brake lines and it cost me like $170.
i did it in one afternoon.
it was very easy.
tip, blead all four whells after you finish

Jims 86LXI HB
10-30-2002, 01:31 PM
It's really easy to do, nothing will surprise you and make you quit in the middle of it. Spend $15 on a haynes manuel as a safety net, buy some rebuilt calipers(I found out it cost the same for new calipers as rebuilt ones at my autozone so I went with new ones) and have at it. Don't pay someone to do it, save your money for other things, YOU CAN DO IT!:super: :bow: :D :flash: :werd:

OldSchoolSwap
10-30-2002, 03:01 PM
"a"men!

Immeraufdemhund
10-31-2002, 08:01 AM
yah i figured as much. The prelude wasn't too hard to do either. THey already ordered the parts for me. I guess everything is there. They charged me 78.87 for everything looks like. So i guess i'll just go over their and pick it up and put it on my self. They are always killing people on labor costs. It's like 65 per hour. Unreal. I just take it to them because my mom flips the bill when i take it their. And I have to pay for thigns when i do it. OH well. I"ll see what ican do. I know how to do all the stuff for the caliper, i just wanted to make sure that my terminology was the same as theirs.