PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Filter?

PDXAccord79
04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
So I've noticed that a lot of crap blows in from the outside through my vents when they're open and was wondering if there's supposed to be an air filter somewhere? If not has anyone tried to rig one up?

1stgen!!!
04-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Mine blows a lot of dust too when they're open... :/

Dr_Snooz
04-09-2013, 06:44 AM
I'd considered it for my 3g, but AC flow from the vents is barely adequate on hot days and a filter would only diminish it further. If you get something, don't make it too restrictive. Also, consider putting in a more aggressive fan. The best place on a 3g would be between the blower fan and evaporator. That's probably true for most cars too.

griffs68
04-09-2013, 09:10 AM
usually ahead of the blower fan between the fresh air inlet and the blower motor, USUALLY. the 99-04 chevy trucks put them where snooz said

lostforawhile
04-09-2013, 09:26 AM
these cars suck in a lot of crap into the blower wheel itself, the issue is it sits directly against the bottom of the cowl, the only real place to put it is in the cowl under the grill, mine has machine screws instead of those plastic rivets, so it may be an option in my case, the only issue is the wipers would have to come off every time I change the filter

PDXAccord79
04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
the issue is it sits directly against the bottom of the cowl, the only real place to put it is in the cowl under the grill...

That's exactly the answer that I did not want to hear. Maybe I can come up with little filters for the vents instead. Still sounds like some work.

Dr_Snooz
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
the only issue is the wipers would have to come off every time I change the filter

Not a big deal really. A lot of cars make you remove the glove box.

79cord
04-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Wire mesh over the Air intake under the cowl?
Better the occasional leaves blasted through the vents than vents that can't blast air even with the fan on! I'm glad ours flow plenty of air.

2ndGenGuy
04-14-2013, 06:57 PM
It should be pretty easy to buy a paper air filter, and cut it to fit the hole under the cowl right above the blower.. I did it on my 2g, and the setup is pretty similar from what I remember. Or disconnect the tube between the blower and the HVAC right behind the glove box, and put some fine mesh inside the tube.

1stgen!!!
04-22-2013, 04:36 AM
Can anyone tell me how I get the blower off? I removed the glovebox, and remove 2 of the 3 screws that hold it on place but the closest to the firewall of the car is impossible to reach , even with a long cable screw driver...
I need to clean the all system its a real mess inside ... 34 years of dust haha
I anyone know how to get the A/C condeser off , i will very grateful too :D

Thanks