PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Help

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-30-2002, 08:48 PM
this is so weird but one day i was driving may car and i saw the battery light come on so i parked it at home i didnt think it was the battery cuz its only a month old but anyway the next day i came out to start my car and it didnt start i could hear the starter turning over but i had low power my lights inside were dim and my head lights wouldnt come up...but my mom said she walked past my car and she heard a clicking noise (of cousre she didnt bother to tell me untill like 3 days later damn parents) but she said it was comming from the fuse box under the hood could it be the fuse for the battery :help:

pimp86LX
10-30-2002, 09:11 PM
i had the same problem..!! my alternator is fine because i'm gettting 14.5v when the car is running, but every now and again my battery dies and needs a good recharge

i'm stumped

Cloud892dr
10-31-2002, 12:15 AM
I had a similar problem on my car, it had power but was clicking, and everything was dim, it turned out to be a bad ground wire. My problem was the ground wire that's connected to the top of the valve cover. It could also be the ground wire running from the negative terminal, check for any corrosion or loose connections. Hope that helps you out.

ACCORD EX
10-31-2002, 12:27 AM
check the ground wire ! and checl battery terminals at both ends and clean , lube them !

MIKE

AZmike
10-31-2002, 08:47 AM
When my sister borrowed my car one of the lights jammed and the motor kept trying to move until the battery was dead. Luckily he motor was still ok. Anyone with any sense would notce a problem like that. That's the only experience I have with the car killing a good battery.

rizalxi
10-31-2002, 09:41 AM
Im right in the same boat with you..!!!! LOL weird... I jump started mine and then took the positive cable off to see if it was the alternator but it kept running so im not sure what to look into now..
at first the battery light just blinked on every now and then.. then the night it died it stayed on really dimmly lit...
anyway good luck..
oh btw the wires on the back of my headlight were being smushed onto the bracket (bare metal) we took rubber band and tied them to the rubber hood gromets/button what ever there called.