PDA

View Full Version : Another Problem With My Car

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-30-2002, 08:52 PM
i poped the hood because i smelled gas and i looked at the injectors and nothing....but i was trying to look behind the head but that damn cover thingy is in the way but anyway i smelled gas comming from that direction.....the weird thing i took it to a mechaninc last month and he said he didnt think it was the header all he did was listen and it maks this ugly nosie like air is being pushed or something but he said its not leaking i mean c'mon he's a mechanic why would he tell me its not leaking he could be making money off that anyone else have this problem? plz help :help:

jteuton
10-31-2002, 10:50 AM
Park on a blacktop paved driveway and let it idle for 10-15 minutes and look under the car. If gas is leaking it will surely makes its way to ground. If you don't see anything then its probably vapor from your charcoal canister you smell. The charcoal doesn't last forever you know. If you do see fuel then find the fuel filter against the firewall and check that.....follow the line up into the fuel rail and check it. The plastic cover that protects the injector wiring can be removed if you can't see good. Then check your injectors. If its not leaking in any of them places them its all going into the engine (assuming the lines from the tank upto the fuel filter in the engine bay are good)...but if they were bad you would see fuel puddled underneath some part of the body of the car as well.