PDA

View Full Version : BOOT/"TRUNK" RATTLE - civilised people in the Southern Hemisphere call a ......

sanjay
10-31-2002, 01:51 AM
Civilised people understand that different countries call the same thing different names.

ANywho, THe boot (trunk -stupid americans :) )
in my car is rattling too much.

I was wondering how you guys with BIG ASS subs (i.e. 15" & Bigger or >2 12" Subs elimated or controlled your boot/trunk rattle.
I thought i had it under control, but then its beginning to rattle again and its annoying the shit out of me!

PLEASE REPLY./

HostileJava
10-31-2002, 05:39 AM
I only have one 12" sub, but its got a badass 200 oz magnet, anyway I glued a thin sheet of foam to the back of everthing that was vibrating. The easiest way to figure out what is vibrating is just go back there and start resting your hand on things, and the vibrating noise should lessen when you rest your hand on what's vibrating. The most annoying rattling I got was actually when I was standing outside the car, the liscence plate would shake like mad. Sounded like there was somthing horribly wrong with the car, but a thin piece of foam fixed that right up.

staticpat
10-31-2002, 08:47 AM
shot the trunk lid holes full of expanding foam.

1989se-i
10-31-2002, 11:35 AM
Will all this shaking cause things to break (ie: back windows, bumper falling off, etc)?

88' Accord Ltd
10-31-2002, 12:39 PM
Yah the only thing that really rattles badly is the liscense plate on the back. I haven't done anything to fix it yet but my friend put foam behind his liscense plate to prevent all the rattling from it.

dXsquared
11-01-2002, 08:39 PM
i have some wood behind mine... some times it falls out and rattles like a MOFO. u cant even hear it inside cuz everything else rattles! oh well
and my boot dont rattle... they stay on my feet quite well

Travis

sanjay
11-02-2002, 08:18 AM
An elephant's TRUNK don't rattle either, unless its eating or bathing!

sanjay
You put your subwoofer in your suitcase?

sanjay
What good is a subwoofer in a suitcasE?!

sanjay
11-02-2002, 08:19 AM
i like :rice:

HostileJava
11-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Did I miss somthing?

Neuspeed007
11-02-2002, 12:16 PM
I was wondering how you guys with BIG ASS subs (i.e. 15" & Bigger or >2 12" Subs elimated or controlled your boot/trunk rattle.

i went out and had some DYNOMAT put all over my car, have them install it for you, because it requires taking your car apart. it will only cost you $35 for one car kit, if you have a bigger car, the prices will range.

sanjay
11-03-2002, 12:46 AM
Oh I got QUOTED!

Haolerot
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
DYNAMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haolerot
11-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Its not hard to put dynomat in your car. My friend did it for me, just take out all of the seats and carpets and panals, well actually it waz kinda hard, but the trunk waz easy..

sanjay
11-12-2002, 11:11 PM
I live in AUstralia, there is no DYNOMAT availible.........

The boot holder thingies are vibrating...!!

hoho1217
11-22-2002, 11:03 AM
my trunk rattles like mad!! and i dunno where exactly it's coming from, i fixed my license plate, but my whole trunk rattles like a mofo!! i wanna get some dynomat, but im not sure if that'll fix my problem, as i dunno WUT IS RATTLING. =(

AccordEpicenter
11-27-2002, 04:39 PM
I have 2 12s and 1200 watts going to them in a ported in my trunk, and it shakes the car like you wouldnt believe. First time I got it metered it hit a 145.6 db at the dash, and they said the mic was down like 1 or 2 db. So far I have broken the rear 3rd brake light and a 6x9 mount from the back deck shaking soo much. I used 8 cans of spray foam under the trunk lid and some of the trim and it wored excellent for the price, except its really messy and wont come out of the carpeting if it dries in it. It really helped the trunk rattle, but the rear of the car still shakes nearly a half inch when I play a 33hz tone, so I think it would be good to add some weight or somehow strap the lid closed so it cant shake that much too. To get rid of the liscence plate rattle i took the entire light set off of the trunk lid itself, and lined it with carpet and silliconed the entire thing into place, but it made the lights hang out a little, and im not sure if it was the best thing to do, but it helped a little.

topgungj
11-27-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey guys sorry I've been away, in any case,
I've got expanding foam in the hard to get places
and I Rino-lined the rest of the trunk, only a few rattles and they are under the car ( gota get it on a lift to fix them ;) )
I've got 2 DEI 12" Studio Pro Comp Subs, running on
a DEI 250D @ 12 volt's (DEI = Directed Entertainment)
and last comp I was at I pulled a 152, ohh the subs are in
a sealed non-ported 6 cubic foot box, with 4 6 1/2 " Diamond
Pro Series Componet speakers , 2 in front 2 in rear with a 180 watt JVC deck to power the componets.

If anyone wants a great deal I got all my stuff from
www.onthegocaraudio.com the owner is awesome
and is one of few in my town that sponsers
USAIC Compitions.

TopGun

PS I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY 3G Painted !!!! ARG@!!!!!

sanjay
11-30-2002, 05:29 AM
its alright... i've located and fixed the problem... its the black things that crossover in the boot/trunk... they are connected to the boot/trunk, and if you separate that from the metal, you won't hear a really shitty sound when the sub goes boom

meanaccord
12-04-2002, 03:32 PM
I have to audiobahns, pushing 151.7 db and trust me, if i ever heard a rattle, i fixed it. First thing i did was take out everything in my trunk. Ran a bead of silicone around everything and put it back on. For my license plate, i took it off and ran a rubber seam around my license plate, no rattle. You can hear other stuff vibrate but i think thats unstoppable.

Cobraman15
12-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Damnit we (americans) invented cars! <--- (bold statement for someone who is not toally sure) You should conform and call it a trunk, its no "boot"! Yea! Alright now im gonna go put on my wife beater and have a beer and eat some american pie. j/p :D