PDA

View Full Version : just but a 1988 accoed lx for 1550 have a couple qs?

shizmac 757
04-18-2013, 04:44 PM
ok so i bought this 1988 accord lx that has a 168xxx miles. my problem is itll make a wierd squelling when i put it into park from drive or reverse, also a couple hours ago i turned it on to move it to another location but the first two times i turned the key nothing happened as if the battery was dead then the third time it kicked in. another is when i turn it on it will start out at 2 on the rpm gauge the guy i bought it from said this was normal and to just give the gas pedal tap and it would go back down, does this sound sketch

ps this is my first car ever so im a noob

ghettogeddy
04-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I'd say you paid an arm and a leg for it... As far as the sound after putting it in park.. It's prolly an alt belt or one of the other acc belts that needs replacing or the tensioner might not be doing it's job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

shizmac 757
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
you think so i mean it was in good shape body and enterior wise. but how much do you think it would cost to get fixed my neighbor was sayin it might be a fan doing some thing wrong cuase the sound comes from the very front

shizmac 757
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
plus it came with the 00 civic si wheels

ghettogeddy
04-19-2013, 07:25 PM
ive never paid more then 500 for a 3g and ive had 3. matter of fact all 3 of mine did not total what you paid lol i think im at a grand total of 1100 lol but the market dictates the price.. it wont be a fan as they are electric... so being in park or revers or drive has no effect... as for the rmp thats normal these have a high idle on cold start... just let it sit a min then tap the gas it will drop... as far as the no start if its was warm out or the car was warm it might be a main relay... search for main relay fix or replace its a bugger to get to though...

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2013, 06:19 PM
The starting issue sounds like a bad starter. Try giving it a whack with a hammer or wrench the next time it happens. If it starts working, then the starter should be replaced.