PDA

View Full Version : Radio

TigaMan10
10-31-2002, 10:52 AM
Does anybody know what color wires are to be connected to radio wire. by that i mean. like red wire for left speaker, kinda thing. My car didn't have a radio when i got it. and when i looked in the big book no the owners manual but the other book it didn't say anything about the radio. anything that you can get me will be appreciated thank you
tigaman

rizalxi
10-31-2002, 11:22 AM
its best to use a plug in adaptor from walmart or audio type place.. there very easy to use and ou won't have to cut your factory harness if the factory harness has been cut then this may help.
it was posted in the faq on this board

function ............................color/stripe

12v constant .....................white/yellow
12v accesory .....................yellow/red
12v ground ........................black
dimmer (lights) ...................red/black

Left front (+) .................... Blue/Green
Left front (-) .................... Grey/Black
Right front (+) .................. Red/Green
Right front (-) .................. Brown/Black
Left rear (+) ..................... Blue/Yellow
Left rear (-) ..................... Grey/White
Right rear (+) ................... Red/Yellow
Right rear (-) ................... Brown/White

_

socal3rdgen
10-31-2002, 11:22 AM
just use adapter. you can find one at radioshack. if you still have the stock connecter there. the only way that it would be gone would be if someone ripped it out or cut it out.

TigaMan10
10-31-2002, 11:50 AM
There is no harness just wires. so i don't know. thanks for the diagram though
tigaman

ACCORD EX
10-31-2002, 12:36 PM
check the faqs too !

MIKE

socal3rdgen
10-31-2002, 01:15 PM
well then follow the diagram and slpice the wires together really carefully. i had to do that to my 92 ex. man that sucked. have fun :D

Immeraufdemhund
10-31-2002, 06:29 PM
yah it's kind of a pain in the but. One thing you can do, even though it takes a bit of time is have a 9v bat. and grab one have it touching one end of the 9v. Then grab another wire and touch the other terminal. If no sound then grab another second wire, and repeat untill you have hear a sound. When you hear it group those two wires together and label it. Do untill you get 4 groups of wires. Almost universally black is always -. (yah there are occasions that will prove me wrong) The 9v will check two things, first it will locate your speaker, and two it will test your speaker. Any questions? (note this is NOT the fun way, i've had to do it a couple of times...stupid thiefs)

TigaMan10
10-31-2002, 06:34 PM
so the diagram up top is not right.
tigaman

Immeraufdemhund
10-31-2002, 06:39 PM
no, it's right, but this is if i you dont have the diagram sitting on your lap and you want something done NOW.

TigaMan10
10-31-2002, 06:40 PM
oh my fault