PDA

View Full Version : Does the ECU control the ignition?

gtoman
04-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Does the ECU on my LX-i control the ignition? I know it controls the fuel injection. I was thinking of going with a carb setup and was wondering if I would still need the comp for ignition or if by the distributor being vacuum advance I could just ditch the computer completely. Are there problems with removing the computer that I haven't thought of? Would the computer freak out if I put a carb on it and just tossed the injection?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

AccordB20A
04-20-2013, 02:09 AM
you can use the stock dizzy its not connected to the ecu

Legend_master
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
you can use the stock dizzy its not connected to the ecu

So what is the difference between the carb dizzy and the FI dizzy? What about the fuel pump, I believe that is going to need to be worked out.

AccordB20A
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
swapping the fuel pumps the easy part. and the difference between the two dizzys is one has extra sensors for the efi related shit the other does not. Just ignore the plug on it that does to the engine loom and keep the one thats plugged into the coil.

gtoman
04-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Good info so far guys, thanks. I was thinking I could leave the fuel pump alone and just ad a fuel pressure regulator to lower the pressure to carb happy levels. Is this a bad idea?

lostforawhile
04-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Good info so far guys, thanks. I was thinking I could leave the fuel pump alone and just ad a fuel pressure regulator to lower the pressure to carb happy levels. Is this a bad idea?

I have a factory pump with low miles, make me an offer, you will need to change the end of the lines to use a regular rubber fuel line, add a filter, and rewire the dash end to use the factory fuel pump cutoff relay, it's not hard to wire it in, the main relay wont work anymore, you need the fuel cutoff relay for safety