PDA

View Full Version : Bullfrog Gude Performance

89AccordGSR
10-31-2002, 01:52 PM
I was on the Gude.com site & i came by a couple of thing that were avalibile for my 89 LXi. I was planning on going with the complete racing package & a new cam shaft. Heres my question, has anybody else gone with this upgrade or know anybody that has? Also, how much horse power & torque would i have with the complete setup? I tried asked Gude performance, but their e-mail link is down & me calling them would be hell on my phone bill.:confused:

jteuton
10-31-2002, 03:50 PM
I heard their customer service and turn around time sucks. It would take forever for them to fill your order. You also have to return your parts of your car to them. People have had much better luck with Colt Cams and Open Loop. Your head and tb could be remachined ported and polished for more flow for your cam. Since your in Florida I bet there are a ton of shops that do good reputable work.

YK86
10-31-2002, 03:53 PM
I hear bad things about them too mostly with horrible machine work and bad turn around time. Plus their prices are high. Phone local machine shops and someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

89AccordGSR
11-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Hey YK, I saw tha corners that 88LXi got & he said to ask you about getting some for my car? Is there a place you get them from or what?

Open Loop, where are they located, isnt sumone on here from there, & do they do everything(porting, polishing, cam gear, etc...)?

Justanothermike
11-04-2002, 12:20 PM
their cam profile may be prone to valve float. tomuch lift and not enough duration

89AccordGSR
11-04-2002, 12:25 PM
quick responce thats what i like:super:

YK86
11-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Sorry, I've had tons of guys wanting the markers but I can't get anymore. As for machine work, even around here, there are several well respected engine shops that can do the port and polishing and custom stuff. It took me a while to find them but the best is to ask local performance guys where to go. You just have to ask and phone around and find a place with a good rep.