PDA

View Full Version : transmission

accord_lx_86
10-31-2002, 03:36 PM
im having a problem with my 86 accord, i just recently installed a new clutch kit, not a high performance, but stock replacement, and i got everything put back together, started the engine and now it has a "pecking" noise...and i dont have any power steering now, if anyone could possibly help me, please do

AZmike
10-31-2002, 06:31 PM
Check your PS pump belt tension and PSF level.

Does the noise happen with the clutch engaged, disengaged, or always? Were you careful to keep the flywheel, clutch disk and pressure plate clean during the whole job? Oil or grease on the friction surfaces can cause 'chatter' when the disk slips and grabs.

accord_lx_86
11-01-2002, 01:40 AM
the noise happens at all times, idle, in neutral, clutch engaged and disengaged, going down the road, yes i was very clean with my work....but everything runs just fine....no drag in the engine like something is rubbing against something else....but i did go back out there and there are 2 lines that go to the transmission, i traced them to the power steering canister, do u think there is a possible way it needs the fluid filled back up?...cuz i have no power steering whatsoever right now

shepherd79
11-01-2002, 04:46 AM
yes, putt those lines back where they were. they control your power steering.
fill up with power steering fluid, don't forget to use HONDA POWER STERRING fluid.

socal3rdgen
11-01-2002, 09:18 AM
i know hondas fluids our the best for our cars, im just curious as to why it is better then regular PS fluid.

shepherd79
11-01-2002, 11:17 AM
noone knows, it is a mistery.

smufguy
11-01-2002, 12:08 PM
yep, no one knows it but its soo recomened that u use HONDA specified PS fluid to have the whole PS system running good. I gotta get some too. what can i get? gunk shit or anything else?

AZmike
11-01-2002, 12:11 PM
I'm not too sure how Honda PSF is different, but I've heard that anything else can eat your seals, or at least wear them out a lot faster.

accord_lx_86
11-02-2002, 03:18 AM
thanks for all the help ya'll...i did fill back up with PS fluid...no change in the noise...im gonna look at a few more things..and adjust the valves today to see if that helps..the more and more i listen to it..sounds like the valves