PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, I'm tired of shitting around! Let's get some company's or shop's suport!

89HatchAzn
10-31-2002, 05:42 PM
I'm fucking tired of all this shit that we have to go through to make our cars stand out. I'm talking to some guy on team prototype and I'm going to keep bugging him until he gives up. Until he makes some kind of body kit or bumper lips for our car. But he just doesn't believe no one will fucking buy his aftermarket exterior accessories.

So who is actually serious about getting someone to make exterior parts for the 3geez? There are alot of you dumb shits out there saying...."I've talked to groundeffects and they will e-mail me back about making some body kits for our cars."

Well I haven't seen another post after that. So...How the fuck can we get through to these companies or shops???? The guy from team prototype talked with me....through a chat service...and he told me...it isn't worth his time if there is not enough people willing to buy the products he makes for our cars. I mean....his shop have hooked up all these CRXs and old CIVICs with original mods and everything. They look very nice and clean....a little ricey but still clean.

He is willing to make the parts...but he just doesn't see the point. So how the fuck are we going to get him to make it for us? I've seen post about..."we need 200 petitioners to get a after market hood or after market ground design." And no one is talking the time to do so.

SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF EVEN TRYING?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm doing my part....I have been since the first 3geez board...And I get the same fucking answer...."your car doesn't have enough potential to make after market parts."

P.S. If anyone is going to help me get through to this team prototype guy....Please drop me a line at [email protected]

Neuspeed87lx
10-31-2002, 08:06 PM
why are you getting so mad....if you want stuff made so bad prove it to this guy that there would be a good market in aftermarket shit for the 3g ...just because you want something new made for the 3g dosent mean its gona sell....im sure it isnt cheap for companies to start making new stuff for cars......dont keep "bugging this guy " he will probally just get annoyed with you ...get a group buy going on something and prove new aftermarket stuff would sell..someone here on the board got a group buy on carbon fiber hoods and ended up getting them made..so it is worth trying

socal3rdgen
10-31-2002, 09:05 PM
i work for a company that distrubutes craft making supplies. anyways. do you how much money, time it takes to create (notice i said create) a product. a lot. as a graphic designer i see a lot of the design process for products. and yes that knowledge does pertain to cars. they go thru the same process and it takes longer. anyways. im not a bit surprised that he doesnt see the point. the best way to come at these guys is to group buy. i can see both sides of the track and i agree with both the manufacture and ppl with 3geez. to creat a product that costs 500 retail. it takes the manufacter 150 to make it. BUT, they have to pay hourly wages to everyone in the process of making it. so they already lose money. the 350 they make profit off of each thing. they would have to sell 20-50 to make even and then some profit. see my point. i might be a little low on those numbers of products. but you get my point.

88LXiHB
10-31-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 89HatchAzn
They are alot of you dumb shits out there saying...

I think you mean "There are alot..." Dumbshit.

You suck at teh Grammar/Spelling.

89HatchAzn
10-31-2002, 11:39 PM
Sorry about the spelling but anyways...I'm not getting mad about anything....And did they really get the carbon fiber hoods made? By the way, my point was that we need to get more people to do group buys. Cause so far I haven't seen shit....We could have gotten a company to make us a body kit....but it never happen. So this is what I'm saying is we need more of a group effort. I'm not planning on bugging the guy like that. He wants to talk to me later about the 3geez project....but I need more people to help me convince this guy that there is a high demand for this kinda stuff.

88LxiHB look at your spelling/grammar.

88LXiHB
10-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 89HatchAzn
88LxiHB look at your spelling/grammar.

I meant to do that...:rolleyes:

Next time you write something like this, don't sound so pissed at everyone...

syn4la5
11-01-2002, 03:35 PM
if you want to make this a english lesseon then the correct form is "a lot" (two words), so both of you are wrong
but dont mind me i'm just post whoreing:beer:

Y3G
11-01-2002, 06:00 PM
I might be able to get a body kit made for the 3g
I know a guy who said and i quote"we can make you up somthing"
http://www.canadiancutomfiberglass.com
http://www.quickclic.net/~coater/yellow3g.gif

89HatchAzn
11-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Ok...None of the links worked for me....

So what else have you heard from this guy???? Does he need a group buy or something. Did he just say he would make you something????

88LXiHB
11-02-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by syn4la5
whoreing

:flip:

Y3G
11-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Ok why aren't my bloody links not working???
But i'm tring to get somithing going with this guy to make a few bodykits up

syn4la5
11-03-2002, 08:25 PM
if anyone wants some more possible manufacturers get into contact with these people http://www.performancemarket.com/aerodyn.htm

2Fast_Fiero
11-03-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm glad there are few aftermarket products for our cars, its more challenging to make our cars stand out, but not hard. If any of you actualy go through with it, dont be getting body kits made that dont match the car. Meaning NO round body kits, no GTR style or any sort of wings like that, We own a SQUARE car and it needs a body kit to look good, not cheap. I did talk to GD2000 and they said they will not make a BW1 kit for our car. I laughed my ass off at this dude who drove some POS Hyundai, big ass Aluminum wing, tons of APC Stickers on all windows, cheap wheels, cheap tail light job, he painted the bumpers black cause he said they made the car stand out like that. I soo wanted to kick his door in. What I mean is, our cars will only look good with a body kit that somewhat matches the car stock.

larnaton
11-04-2002, 08:23 AM
As I said in another post, I contacted some companies... and here is what I got back today in my email.

Hey there: In a never-ending quest to better serve our customer base, Wicked Bodies has recently launched a new and innovative custom kit program. It has become obvious that most of the progressively styled body kits on the market today are primarily manufactured for a limited list of makes and models. We receive hundreds of requests a month for high styled kits to go on cars for which no one makes anything. There are many makes and models out there that would look kick azz with a kit installed and yet there are no kits available. To this end, we have started the WICKED KIT PROGRAM. We will take the measurements of your car and find an existing kit for a different car that is close to the same and already on the market. We will then modify/customize that kit to fit your ride. This is an expensive project as the "donor" kit has to be purchased and then countless hours are required to custom fit that kit to your car. The cost including the "donor" kit can run between $3000.00 and $4000.00. The cost would be less for an add-on kit. This is a lot of money for a body kit. So Wicked Bodies is going to make you a partner! We will make a mold of the completed kit and sell the newly customized kit on our website. At this juncture, any kit we sell using the mold made for your car will earn you a $100.00 CASH REBATE. This rebate will remain in effect until you receive up to $2000.00 back on most models!!! In order to proceed with this program, we must have your car at our shop in NJ for three weeks. Call and ask for Edward for further information on this program. Wicked Bodies

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by yellow3g
I might be able to get a body kit made for the 3g
I know a guy who said and i quote"we can make you up somthing"
http://www.canadiancutomfiberglass.com
http://www.quickclic.net/~coater/yellow3g.gif

http://www.canadiancustomfiberglass.com/

you forgot the "s"

carotman
11-04-2002, 11:53 AM
The problem with aftermarket parts and group buys is that no one is willing to dig deep in their pockets to have that stuff made.

syn4la5
11-04-2002, 01:12 PM
at the canadian custom fiberglass place there making a chevy caviler kit for an 87-89 (peice of shit)and they won't make one for our car's they would sell more kits for our car than a f#*&#%$ caviler :huh:

89HatchAzn
11-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Well with that wicked bodies thing.....It's really hard but I would like to try it. Ok....but the thing is the whole Sedan..Coupe and Hatchback.

Sedan and coupe can have the same front and back...but need different side skirts.

Coupes and Hatches have the same front and side skirts but different back bumpers.

Idea 1 : This is just an idea....I'm just throwing it out there but....
If we can get a group of us together to rise like...3000 to make the kit...Then we have a kit made. Who ever lives in NJ should get that kit...but should be putting like.... 1500 down. The rest of us will pay like $$$ and plus a 1000 for our own bodykit. I know it seems unfair....but that is one way I see us getting this body kit.

Idea 2: Maybe we can negotiate with wicked bodies to make...like....10 body kits at once for one big some of money.....And then WickedBodies can sell the 3geez body kit on their site for whateverz. This is goin' off the carbon fiber hood group buy idea.

Like....if we rise like 8,000 for 10 bodykits??? so this way they can use 8,000 dollars to design a bodykit... .

I don't know....These are just ideas....We need to come up with a plan to get something going.

Feed back Please?????

89HatchAzn
11-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Hey yellow3g, Did you ever talked with that company about makin' a bodykit???? The canadiancustomfiberglass.com ?????