PDA

View Full Version : custom box

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-12-2002, 02:47 PM
how hard is it to build a custom box? not a whole box but just to make a custom installation under my back seats, i wanna put an amp in the middle and 2 type r subs under each seat...is it rocket sciense to do it? has any1 done something similar? i wanna save some cash by doin it on my own. what materials might i need? any info wood be appreciated

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-12-2002, 08:01 PM
some1 plz help

Vanilla Sky
05-12-2002, 08:29 PM
you have a gas tank up under there, just like your old accord, so you really can't cut anything, and you have to have padding on the seats...one thing you can do is seal your trunk, cut holes in the backs of your rear seats, use those waffle grilles, and put them in there... this give the effect of one huge box, and no worries of the box itself

Derick

rgbpmp
05-13-2002, 02:22 PM
If you want to make a box, the wood you would want to use is MDF. I think it means Medium Density Fiberboard. You would want to use 3/4 inch width. You would need some wood glue and some drywall screws. Most likely a drill bit to pre drill the holes so the screws dont split the wood. A circular or table saw, and a jig saw to cut the hole for the sub, or for ports. Thats about it.

89accordlxi
05-13-2002, 06:47 PM
I guess I'm a little confused. It isn't possible to fit any thing under the rear seats is it. There isn't any space under them. I can under stand if it was a truck or some thing that has open space under the rear seat, but I don't see how you plan on doing this with our cars. I have done a custom install in a dodge extended cab so i do know how to do it, but it just doesn't sound possible with our cars without pemanently removing the rear seats or something.

Check out the install in the dodge.
Peace out

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi
I guess I'm a little confused. It isn't possible to fit any thing under the rear seats is it. There isn't any space under them. I can under stand if it was a truck or some thing that has open space under the rear seat, but I don't see how you plan on doing this with our cars. I have done a custom install in a dodge extended cab so i do know how to do it, but it just doesn't sound possible with our cars without pemanently removing the rear seats or something.

Check out the install in the dodge.
Peace out

my cars a teg:p

89accordlxi
05-14-2002, 08:37 AM
Sorry, my bad. I guess I would have to see what a teg looks like before I can make any suggestions. Good luck.
i'm out.