PDA

View Full Version : best interiors...?

JSid7
10-31-2002, 09:03 PM
i was wonderin if you guys could tell me some of the cleanest sounding interior conponents (2-way or 3-way) with a good amount of bass responce... price means nothing to me... thanks alot guys....

sanjay
11-01-2002, 06:24 AM
splits....

markmdz89hatch
11-01-2002, 09:13 AM
The cleanest components in the world hands down...
I had the older version of these in my hatch before it got stolen. Super bright, very full PERFECT sound. Once you've gone boston, you'll nver go back.

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ProductsPage.asp?ProductID=218&SpecID=4&SeriesID=54

...remember, you said money is no issue. I sure as hell hope not! But remember, they're worth EVERY penny and then some.

JSid7
11-01-2002, 07:06 PM
yeah im a big fan of boston acoustics... i used to have some of their home speakers in my room and they sounded awesome... but costly... but... awesome.. ill prolly go with the best components they make for my hatch... thanks again

JSid7
11-01-2002, 07:07 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA wait... nvm not the best... haha... but some good ones.. haha... 1000$ a pair... i wasent expecting that...

JSid7
11-01-2002, 07:09 PM
i think im gonna get the pro series 2- way 6.5s....

markmdz89hatch
11-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Now i can certainly speak on those particular ones. I use to have 2 sets of those 6.5Pro's in my hatch. I had a remote for my Eclipse deck, and opened the doors, and hatch, stood behind it, and just cranked it w/ the remote. It got so loud I had to back up or i was gonna go deaf. Perfect, crisp, clean sound. Not that bullshit that's out there. But as you obviously know, if you want quality, you've got to reach deep down into the pocket to achieve the best of the best. Those were the only speakers I'd ever put in my car EVER, and I mean that. At least until Boston outdid themselves again with those Z6's. It's kinda funny, the Boston 6.5 Pro was the best component set on the market, it blew away all it's competition. Now it's finally been beat. But it was beat out by it's own company. Now combine those components, with two JL 10W6's and you WILL have the best sounding 3G on the board. Prolly the best sounding car in ur state.

accord_lx_86
11-24-2002, 06:28 PM
a good combination would be 2 12" subs, mid-range speakers in the front door and in the rear deck, 2 tweeters in the front somewhere...and pick ur wattage and brand

markmdz89hatch
11-25-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by accord_lx_86
a good combination would be 2 12" subs, mid-range speakers in the front door and in the rear deck, 2 tweeters in the front somewhere...and pick ur wattage and brand

Agreed, however when I was selecting my subs, I found a pair of JL 10W3's to fit my needs very well. They are certainly not earth movers/house relocators, but they pack a real solid punch and they're sound is very clean and clear mainly in part due to the DVC (dual voice coil) on the W3, and the incredible rebound on the sub. Great rebound = better when the bass is Thump.Thump.Thump.Thump.Thump. instead of Thump..............Thump................Thump. Other (bigger or lower quality) subs tend to be unable to rebound from a bass hit fast enough to hit the next beat with a good hit. (however, after saying this, I'll say my next setup will include a twin pack of 12W7's. These subs are in a league of their own, and do not follow the typical rules of choosing a sub.