PDA

View Full Version : What is NTP? Another After Market Replacement Parts Manufacturer?

epic1400cs
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I am in a process of removing ABS (or ALB) system legally and looking for OEM brake master cylinder to replace the existing one.
I know that NISSIN is the OEM manufacturer to our brake master cylinder and am looking for a bargain rather than donating $500 to UK dealership.
There are a lot of after market or third party manufacturer outside Japan that make "replacement parts" but I prefer to stick with OEM (I am Honda QC believer)
(In Japan due to some pressure from car manufacturers, there aren't many non-OE replacement parts company in business)

Then I came across to this one

Honda Brake Master Cylinder Prelude Accord 2 0L | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251255034010)

It says "Made in Japan" without name of its manufacturer.
I have asked the seller about the manufacturer and he denied it was by NISSIN but made by "NTP".
I was living Japan before but never heard of this company.
But I notice that there seems to be some master cylinder available on ebay made by this NTP.
Even some of listings implicate that NTP is OEM company.

Do you know anything about this company or brand?
Or is it different brand of NISSIN?
The reason I am making big fuss is because the price is almost half compare to NISSIN and am curious there is another company that produces parts for Honda.

Dr_Snooz
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure about NTP, but what are you going to do with the old ALB parts? Please give us a crack at buying them from you. ALB is a very rare option.

lostforawhile
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
look on ebay for the beck arnley replacement one,it's probably the best quality, it also has the resevoir, and appears to even have the factory plug for the level sensor

epic1400cs
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Dr Snooz, unfortunately my old ALB pump is faulty and there is no unit available from Honda any longer. Have spoken to remanufacturers for parts or whatever possibility to repair it but there is not parts available either. Without this pump, the ALB system is useless. The brake works without ALB but the pedal touch is soft-ish so I decided to alter the system to non-ALB legally for safety reason.

I am not sure what I would do with the removed components but if you are interested in I will keep in mind. However, to convert non-ALB to ALB requires replacing front outer CV joints and rear brake disks with the ones work with ALB sensor.

lost, thanks. Does beck arnley have good reputation in US as after market parts supplier or does it do OEM to other manufacturer?

lostforawhile
05-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Dr Snooz, unfortunately my old ALB pump is faulty and there is no unit available from Honda any longer. Have spoken to remanufacturers for parts or whatever possibility to repair it but there is not parts available either. Without this pump, the ALB system is useless. The brake works without ALB but the pedal touch is soft-ish so I decided to alter the system to non-ALB legally for safety reason.

I am not sure what I would do with the removed components but if you are interested in I will keep in mind. However, to convert non-ALB to ALB requires replacing front outer CV joints and rear brake disks with the ones work with ALB sensor.

lost, thanks. Does beck arnley have good reputation in US as after market parts supplier or does it do OEM to other manufacturer?someone would probably want it just to put in their parts collection

lostforawhile
05-05-2013, 04:53 PM

lost, thanks. Does beck arnley have good reputation in US as after market parts supplier or does it do OEM to other manufacturer?

they sell different manufacturers parts, but they generally sell higher quality stuff then a lot of places, much closer to OEM

Dr_Snooz
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Beck Arnley is good stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm too broke to buy any parts but OEM ALB is such a rare option, you should at least give the community a crack at what you have. We have someone here who can put the pump back together. I'm confident of that.

epic1400cs
05-10-2013, 02:39 AM
they sell different manufacturers parts, but they generally sell higher quality stuff then a lot of places, much closer to OEM
That's very good to know, thank you very much.

Beck Arnley is good stuff.
Unfortunately, I'm too broke to buy any parts but OEM ALB is such a rare option, you should at least give the community a crack at what you have. We have someone here who can put the pump back together. I'm confident of that.
Ok, I will definitely keep them.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
NTP is an OEM parts manufacturer from Japan. They make some factory components for manufacturers, if you can get one for your car I would recommend it. I have used some NTP parts before and they were great quality.

Jafir
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if a pump off of a 1g legend or early 4G accord could be made to work. That's assuming it as a separate pump, and it's not integrated into the modulator like on the newer Honda stuff. I've had 3 first gen legends and two of them would get an ALB code for pump over run that I fixed just by bleeding the system very well. Too much air in the lines and the pump has to compress all of that first before it can get to the correct pressures. If the pump runs too long, the computer thinks there is a problem and gives up. Symptom was the same, soft pedal. On one of them, I replaced the master first, because it was leaking out the back... so that might have been part of the soft pedal problem.