PDA

View Full Version : it's all gay

87hatch
11-01-2002, 08:59 AM
Bass is old and gay, it makes your car heavy ,all you need is one sub,some good door speakers,AND tweeters and your set for nice clean sound.

BASS IS GAY!:flipa:

87AccordsterLx
11-01-2002, 09:31 AM
:flipa: my bass will shatter your windows sucka !!!! lol..... EAT IT!!!!! :flip: :321:

n88accordLX-i
11-01-2002, 09:39 AM
yeah i pretty much grew out of that boomin stage, i didnt really like it even when i had it, because it annoys other people, makes me feel/look like an ass, and yeah too much weight. It was cool in middle school, but now its just lame i think.. :argue:

socal3rdgen
11-01-2002, 09:46 AM
loud ass bass= gayness :gay:

Neuspeed87lx
11-01-2002, 01:06 PM
i love my bass....but it is good sounding bass....i like my music loud!

Vanilla Sky
11-01-2002, 01:18 PM
i like my music loud, but not just low notes... ALL OF IT... yes, go with subs... a pair is PLENTY, then go with a quality set of component speakers for each the front and back, buy a good amp to power them, and your good to go with a good even sound

Derick

staticpat
11-01-2002, 01:43 PM
i hate when cars drive by with blazing treble, and no bass. it makes my ears bleed. at least bass is nice, low and smooth.

87accordlxi
11-01-2002, 02:04 PM
a true test of an entertainment system is how well and accurately it can reproduce high's. if you can hear the crystal clear clashing of symbals as if they were being played right in front of you, then you know you have quality speakers.

dj99
11-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
a true test of an entertainment system is how well and accurately it can reproduce high's. if you can hear the crystal clear clashing of symbals as if they were being played right in front of you, then you know you have quality speakers.

You mean like in those show tunes you like so much??? :lol

dXsquared
11-01-2002, 02:54 PM
i like bass too... but i also like sound... thats why i sellin my shitty amps and getting some SQ ones and some real nice 10's. and the next deck i get will be used with an EQ. and i already have sweet speakers but i will be putin the front ones in a kick pod and the tweets up on the roof by the ears. and the rear speakers will get mounted in boxes up high. i have no rear seat in my hatch so it makes for real easy amp placement and sub box placement. i am thinkin of getting a peice of plywood covered in dark blue carpet and cut to contour the back and set that down and mount every thing on that. lots of bass and lots of nice sounding music. the perfect balance.

Travis

sanjay
11-01-2002, 03:56 PM
You can't diss bass entirely...
I think OVERBASS is bad. But some bass can really heighten particular music....
but yeah, I think when guys have like 17 subwoofers in their boot that it is overkill and gay ( and yes I understand the over exagerration in my last statement)

87accordlxi
11-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dj99

You mean like in those show tunes you like so much??? :lol

http://images.misupply.com/products/full/Pearl/RT_with_pads.jpg

no... you see those metal discs on that drum set? those are cymbals. i dont see what show tunes have to do with percussion instruments

dj99
11-02-2002, 01:29 PM
OK, then. You don't mean the kind of cymbals in "The Music Man" or "Oklahoma"?

This is a thread about bass being gay!

Just messin' with you. :wave:

Everyone knows you're a manly man. :bow:

87AccordsterLx
11-02-2002, 01:42 PM
well I think that mt 2 12's and a 400w amp is not over kill... sorry I just like to feel my music... music without bass is gay in my opinion....

dXsquared
11-02-2002, 02:21 PM
no bass is bad

Travis:sadwave:

Bobs89LXi
11-02-2002, 02:52 PM
If you would like the old man's take on this, a well balanced system is what you want. Joe is right. If you are into dB drags or building demolition, a bank of 15's is fine. For excellent reproduction of the original music as it was recorded in the studio, or live, what is required is not only a great set of speakers, but a multi-band graphic equalizer as well as a high quality head unit and amps. Each cabin has different accoustic properties, not to mention the fact that not all ears pick up sound the same. You need the EQ to adjust the sound to suit your car and your taste. Personally I am more into sound quality than quantity.

88WhiteLX-i
11-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Well said Bob.:pimp:

87AccordsterLx
11-02-2002, 05:13 PM
:werd:

jigga225
11-02-2002, 07:45 PM
I feel like this.. first you get your highs straight.
I gotta have somethin in the trunk, thas how I like my music. My bass is for me, not the next man to hear or notice.
I neva crank my shit when Im around crowds cause people steal.
I dont worry bout what other people think when they see me cause my car is so clean and cold, it speaks for itself. Then I'm a human highlight myself so we go well together.

Bass is not gay. People just like the sound.... just like some people wit glasspack mufflers
Gotta have an EQ, some kind or another.
I dont care how many or what size speakers, as long as the mirrors shake.

ONe for all you haters.............
http://www.boomspeed.com/jigga225/Trunk3.jpg

RobT5580
11-02-2002, 08:00 PM
I have gone through phases. but overall i need some bass but i was happy with only 1 12 Infinity perfect but i paid for 2 and built the trunk for 2 so i used both. I may lighten the load up later but we will see because i want to put a 17" spare that i have in the trunk. But you need some bass no matter what and it doesnt have to be a large box i have heard 6x9s with box sound decent from a caddy.

KaMiKaZeE
11-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Yea.. I love good loud bass with good mids and highs too. But I NEED the bass. And I emphasise GOOD bass 'cause its gotta sound clean not full of rattles and clipping. I mean, its exciting and a rush to feel the beat of your music. It makes me want to race someone.:D

Vanilla Sky
11-03-2002, 05:07 AM
yeah... i like a lot of bass, but like earlier, i like the highs just as well... what i don't like is to pull up next to a car with it's trunk rattling off... if i pulled up to the same car but what i heard was clear, i wouldnt' mint one bit... its the friggin rattling that pisses me off... some people dont have the brains to get that stuff squared away when they install subs... when it's not loud enough, they just trow in 5 more subs and 17 more amps and call it done... but if they took the time to prep the car, especially the trunk , for the extra power, they would only need a couple (as in two or so) subs and a good quality amp for the bass they are seekeng

Derick

87AccordsterLx
11-04-2002, 11:50 AM
ya my trunk rattles really bad but I just dont have the money to spend on that right now... My bass is not the kind that you can hear from down the street... it's most effective when sitting inside the car... I guess thats one of the positives about sealed enclosures... The rattleing is quite imbarrasing but I'd rather be saving for droping car then a noise issue...

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 05:50 AM
to put it in technical terms, a good tone is ok, but a POUD is GAY/ASS/RUDE/ANNOYING

Midnight
11-09-2002, 07:54 AM
i got one sub and thats good enuff for me i like to hear the music too you know.....

staticpat
11-10-2002, 07:29 PM
what would you rather feel:
low bass hits down in your chest or
dripping of blood running down your ear from piercing treble.

a well balanced system is best, but i love being able to feel the bass.

87AccordsterLx
11-10-2002, 10:34 PM
I can usually feel my bass.... :D

http://www.ghalili.com/Nathan/Nate's%20Page/3gs/3gbeats.jpg

Grant2k
11-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 87hatch
Bass is old and gay, it makes your car heavy ,all you need is one sub,some good door speakers,AND tweeters and your set for nice clean sound.

BASS IS GAY!:flipa:

you can have a good, well balanced system without any subs at all by using like 6X9s or even good 6 1/2"s so why would you put a subwoofer in your argument against bass at all?

my amp is really small, and i only have 2 8"s, but my trunk and mirror still rattles and you can feel it just fine. i do like it, but i will definitly not have those in there forever. too heavy, and unessecary. they were cool a year or 2 ago. and don't say stuff is gay. i learned that when i came to college and called stuff gay in front of gay people. it's not cool.

loco87
11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
i had the same type of box as jiggas but i has 3 12's like 87accordsterlx's, and lemme tell you fellas, it rattled the hell out of my trunk! i felt embarassed driving around with the trunk rattling, so i didnt play my music loud. i put hella of that expanding foam everywhere and it kinda helped. but i love bass!!
i have 4 kicker l7 12's ready to go in my 99 expedition. -slumpin-
i sold the 3 12's and now i have 2 crossfire 12's they sound good and clean and dont rattle the trunk as much.

HostileJava
11-11-2002, 05:15 PM
I gotta tell you at one point I had my pioneer head unit, a 250 watt pyle powering low profile speakers and tweeters up front and 2 sony 760 amps eachpowering deep 6.5" speakers in the rear and I just wasn't happy with it so i took out the pyle and hooked up each sony amp to two speakers one for the fronts and one for the rear and added a 1600 power acoustics amp for a 12" sub. It really made the difference because now my midrange speakers could just play midrange(weren't trying to play bass and distorting midrange) my tweeters were just playing highs and the sub handles all the lows. I can turn the bass up to the point were the whole car is vibrating but i'd rather leave it sounding natural. I do turn it up when I'm with my friends though just to show off what it can do.

AccordEpicenter
11-27-2002, 05:21 PM
If you can get rid of the rattle and stuff then it wont sound gay. I love having the loudest shit in my town, it wreaks havoc on the locals. It does piss some people off, but oh well, more people where i live like it rather than hate it. Most teenage girls like it too (trust me from experience)!

Nate2310
12-01-2002, 06:04 PM
I think like 2 JL 12's and some nice infinity componet speakers is perfect sound

Bass is good for your system just if it is too much bass then it is just gay

oh yeah no rattling get dynamat!:super:

89accordboi
12-07-2002, 10:31 PM
2 12" rockford fosgates in a banpass plexie box with 2 300 watt jensen amps
for $325...

is this a good deal? i dont know what model it is yet so i dont know how good they are.

and will they make my trunk and/or other stuff rattle?

87DXHatch
12-08-2002, 10:49 AM
I guarentee it will make stuff in your car rattle, GUARENTEED.

I had a single Onyx 12" in 1.8ft^3 with 220 watts and it made my hatch lid rattle.

BTW, before you just blindly shell out $325 for "2 12" rockford fosgates in a banpass plexie box with 2 300 watt jensen amps" do some freakin' research! Jensen is a crappy company for amps; poor build quality, doesn't make rated power, crappy crossovers, etc, but it's power so it'll push the subs.

Bandpass = WORTHLESS unless you specifically build it for your car using measurements taken from the subs T/S parameters and the transfer function of your car (:p trying to confuse you ;) to sum it up, you don't want bandpass).

Rockford subs aren't terrible, unless you get the Punch Z ones, the lowest end sub they put out, but you can get WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better subs for cheaper. RF equipment is SUPER overpriced.

I personally wouldn't touch that deal with a ten-foot-pole, but that's me.

DROPPED88
12-16-2002, 09:49 PM
bass is bad ass

88WhiteLX-i
12-19-2002, 10:03 AM
Bass is nice if it's in check and you have a nice setup.

87AccordsterLx
12-19-2002, 10:32 AM

89accordboi
12-21-2002, 10:57 PM
nah i wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet pole :lol