PDA

View Full Version : CRX or 3G Accord

InTeGy911
05-12-2002, 04:42 PM
my parents are about to buy me my first car (im 16) and i dont know what i want to get. it is between a crx and a 3g accord. i like both of them but i just cant decide. any input or suggestions ? thanks

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2002, 05:00 PM
I'd make darn sure you get to drive both and compare.
84-87 crx SI model ONLY!(lame suspension design for this gen)
88-91 crx DX or better SI (90-91 SI's have rear disk brakes)
Lot's of parts are avalible for the crx's, but you might find that the 3rd gen is a more refined car that feels more expensive, but you'll have to be the judge of that. And I used to own a 88 CRX. And that's my 2 cents.:)

InTeGy911
05-12-2002, 05:21 PM
i am not going for any performance options, i just want to have a car that is nice. i want to make the car look good :)

Bobs89LXi
05-12-2002, 05:31 PM
I am with Jim. Both the 3G Accord and the 2G (88-91) CRXs are great cars. From a performance standpoint, there are more mods available for the CRX. However, the 3G Accord has more in the way of creature comforts such as PS, cruise control, A/C, power windows and door locks. In my opinion, if it's CRX, get the Si, if 3G, your best bet is either the SEi or the LXi. Now for uniqueness, the 3G wins hands down. You can also get quite a few ideas here on appearance mods and other FAQs. Good luck with your search.

Mantis88LX
05-12-2002, 05:52 PM
u want something nice, then the 3rd gen.

U want speed then the crx

Hoshizakido
05-12-2002, 07:03 PM
i dont know about crx=speed crx=gas mileage i was at the local street and there was two kids there they were friends one had a 98 cavalier the other had a 93 or 94 crx few ppl raced the cavalier thinking that it might have had someting under the hood because he had a body kit and exhaust well we came to find out only race a cavalier for an easy win. but anyways i figured i would challenge the crx to a race. we line up the flagger drops his armes and we tare off i had a bad start but before i even made it an 1/8 of a mile i had pulled 2 car lengths ahead. so crx=speed not if you ask me

87Hybrid
05-12-2002, 07:21 PM
A 1 g CRX isn' as bas as everyone says. First of all it is real light and handles real well. The Si model is the perfered modes since the D16a1 Twin Cam Integra motor bolts right in. To change a carbed car to this motor you will either need to aquire a carb manifold for it or convert the car to EFI utilizing the fuel lines and wiring harness from an Si (a lot more work).

The 3G accord however has a much better suspension and acually more support from the aftermarket than the 1G CRX. More room for stereo equipment and freinds (CRX has only 2 seats). A lot less noticeable to the authorities than a CRX witch equils a lower insurance rate (My 4X4 blazer with a SM400 is less to insure than a 1GCRX) and less chance of getting a ticket.

I think that each is a fantastic platform to start with and fall in love with but for some one starting out I think the 3G Accord has more pluses than the CRX.:bandit:

AccordLX-i87
05-12-2002, 08:02 PM
yup.....i gosta agree with 87Hybrid on this one...im 16 and im on my first car (87 Accord lxi) and its a good car...though i dont know much about tha crx...my friend has a crx and for one its much more cramped than the accord (of course) :rolleyes: and his seems to shift a lot harder than mine. But his does handle a little better than the sedan....

So i guess my vote goes to the 3-G-ACC-ORD:bandit:

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-12-2002, 08:09 PM
forget em both, buy a 93 integra GSR, now thats style, hahahahahaha, but get 1 peice headlights or else it looks like the fronts fallin apart, hahahahahaha, hey i g2 support my car but yea go 3rd gen, just make sure u get a nice one like a se-i or lx-i coupe

Hoshizakido
05-12-2002, 08:28 PM
just buy the 3 gee youll be happier besides you know were to come to ask for help

ACCORD EX
05-12-2002, 09:42 PM
just beware of the parts avialabilityin the area where you live !
where i live CRX parts are really rare !

but both cars are great !

MIKE

Einstein
05-13-2002, 02:27 AM
Can you drive stick shift? If not, you'll probably have a better chance finiding a nice used car as an Accord. They didn't make a lot of automatic CRX's, and the ones they did weren't Si.

Check your insurance rates. Some companies will charge you a lot for a CRX because it's a two seater and they call it a sports car.

Don't let rear drum brakes stop you from buying a 88-89 CRX. The front brakes do almost all the work anyway.

Back in 88 when I bought my first NEW car, I had to decide CRX versus Accord LXi. I bought the CRX because it was more sporty, got better MPG, and cheaper. I traded it after a couple years on a used Legend LS coupe because I wanted more room, features, etc.

If you are tall or want to take more than one freind around, then get the Accord.

But either one is a good choice. You must be part of a family that is loyal to Honda :super:

winkie45
05-13-2002, 02:38 AM
well, the 3g accord gets extra points for having a back seat for multiple uses. :p :p

ACCORD EX
05-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by winkie45
well, the 3g accord gets extra points for having a back seat for multiple uses. :p :p

multiple uses ! you naughty boy ! :p :p ;)

MIKE

(x_x)
05-13-2002, 02:18 PM
They're both great cars...but the 3g accords just have a little character to 'em. If you put some money and a little elbow-grease into the 3g accord, it'll last you a lifetime..and look damn sweet too... If you're just going for the everpresent F&F (fast and furious) look, but don't care much about originality...then get the CRX..but i QUARANTEE you...whatever you do to it...it's been done 50 times before...CRX's are all over the place...

...still...both great cars..so whatever... :bandit:

AccordLX-i87
05-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by winkie45

I JUST GOT THAT :lol :lol aaahahahaha:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

TeKKnoTeKK
05-14-2002, 02:55 PM
well if you are looking for comfort and roominess I would say the accord hands down....you also said that you want it to look good too. In that dept. if you go with the accord there are good points and bad points. First of all the 3g accord has very limited aftermarket support, therefore there are hardly any body kits and appearance mods you can buy. HOWEVER, you have this forum for tips and how to's....if it has been done to a 3g accord you can find out how here. As for the CRX I don't know anything about them.

AccordLX-i87
05-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Ya know, if you havent already, ya might want to go back to AF (automotiveforums.com) and ask the same question...you might get some different answers than from tha 3G family :pimp:

1988starter
05-15-2002, 04:42 AM
Yea go with the 3rd gen just look at some of out cars the look beautiful and the back seat is a big plus I have often used mine.