PDA

View Full Version : temp gauge is cold

socal3rdgen
11-01-2002, 11:50 AM
bad temp sesor or not?

i can drive my car a 1000 miles and my car still says cold. its obviously broken. but it will flicker from time to time ONLY when i sit at a stop light. but as soon (and i mean millasecond) i hit the gas it drops back to cold. and doesnt move . i just had the sensor replace a year ago. cuz the repair guy broke it off. so its new. could this be a loose plug or dirty connector. when it was slowly dying (4 months ago) it seemed to react a lot (it would drop to cold) when i increased the gas pedal preassure. man this shit is weird.:help:

smufguy
11-01-2002, 11:55 AM
its probably the gauge on the cluster. U did not happen to remove the needle or mess with it have u?

socal3rdgen
11-01-2002, 11:56 AM
no i didnt and when the repair shop replaced it i was sitting in the car.

smufguy
11-01-2002, 12:03 PM
okay, since the gauge cluster was not messed with, its probably the sending unit. Check the connectors if they are good. Also, it might not be the right part number, but a one that looks and fits smiliar. get one from the locak junk and swap it out. see what it does.

anchovies
11-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a connection to me.
Check the connections like smufguy said. To check your temp gauge, ground the wire to the sending unit. If the temp gauge hits H, then the gauge is fine. Don't ground it for too long.