PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Kit

Xaisk
05-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey, been awhile since I posted. A LONG while. So long story short one of my stock struts are leaking and works sometimes. Its hit or miss. Well back when I had the hatchback I bought some Tokico Blues and Sprint Springs to put on it. That car decided to crap its transmission out quite literally a month before I was leaving the state for Oklahoma. I am planning on putting this kit on the 89 Accord, and im wondering, Is there something you need to keep the camber/caster/ all of that stuff tuned correctly as not to wear out the tires? Additionally how hard is it to do this swap?

Legend_master
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Depending on the drop you will need cambers adjustment kits for the front. The rear can be taken care of with washers, and longer bolts.

Xaisk
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Depending on the drop you will need cambers adjustment kits for the front. The rear can be taken care of with washers, and longer bolts.

I believe its a 2 or 2 1/2 drop. Dont quite remember. What kit do you recommend?

Legend_master
05-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Well your kinda limited on ur camber kit options. The only one off the top of my head is eibach, those will get you close with +1.5 of correction, but not perfect. If you fix the rear, and rotate the tires every 4-5k miles you won't have any issues.

Xaisk
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Ok. Ill look into the Eibach one. I shouldnt go through tires with that close of a correction. Thanks for the advice legend!

Edit: This is the kit I was looking at.. this is what you were talking about right?

Eibach Pro Alignment Kit - Lightning Motorsports - Made with bits of real lightning, so you know it's good ! (http://lightningmotorsports.com/i-98659.aspx?gclid=CJnBh5Skh7cCFYRM4AodoWUA3Q)

Additionally, do I need one for the right AND left or is that for both? The website says Front-right but I cant find anywhere that says front-left, nor can I find a seperate kit for the left side.

2nd Edit: Ahh I just noticed it said that it was a generic image.. ugh..

3rd edit: Here is an interesting read.. No, you DO NOT need camber kits!!!!!!!! - Honda-Tech (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449)

Tell me what you think about that...

Legend_master
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Check out tirerack, the have both front left and right. You do have to buy them individually. I know this as I just bought a front left side kit.

Suspension Products for 1988 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback (http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+LXi+Hatchback&autoYear=1988&autoModClar=)

Oldblueaccord
05-11-2013, 03:10 AM
I run -2 degrees camber front and rear and have for years with no wear in fact the outside of the tires used to wear out from my driving habits but that was fixed with the negative camber. In the rear I have run as much as 8 or 9 negative with no wear. The rear is so light anyway. You will need a 4 wheel alignment to get your toe back in spec. Bad toe will wear out tires very very quickly. I also run tires under 300 treadwear and 90% have been 200 tread wear or lower.

I think if you can get into the -2 range you will be fine. ON a 2 inch drop I have no idea where that will be. I don't believe in lowering cars in general.

MessyHonda
05-18-2013, 09:59 AM
on my dx all i did was drop it and just take it to the alignment shop to correct the toe and caster. that will save your tires. ever since i dropped my car i always had camber and its never been an issue as long as your rotate your tires.