PDA

View Full Version : rains guards

nanaimo_honda_accord
11-01-2002, 08:43 PM
does anyone know where i can get the tinted rain guards to go on my front window?? i have called around and found them for 4 doors but not for the 2 door. i asked the guy if i could buy the 4 door ones and just use the ones for the front but he told me that the 4 door's door is smaller then the 2 doors.

Dia Fria Claro
11-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Hey,
I just bought my 3G (it's a sedan) and it has rain guards...but they appear to be from the original dealer, cause they look old and they say "honda" on them...so you might want to contact a dealer? Probably cost you an arm and a leg, but you'd get what you need.

:werd:

Mike89Accordcom
11-02-2002, 10:40 AM
They don't make them for the coupes anymore, not enough demand. I tried for a year to get some, I finally tracked down a guy who had some, but he never kept in touch. Ya they still make them for the sedan, but those wont fit on the coupe.

buster133
11-02-2002, 12:52 PM
I have a pair of these on my 89 LXi coupe and they are made by Ventvisor. They don't make them specifically for the 2dr models, but they did make them for the 90-93 coupes, which is what I have on mine. They don't fit 100 % perfect, but still look great considering they weren't made for the 89, but they still serve the purpose and allow the windows to be kept about 2-4 inches opened and not let rain in. The part number is 92019. If you are want I will email you a pic if I can find one.

hkplayer
06-06-2004, 12:34 PM
this is an extremely old post but i would like to ask what type of double-sided tape is best for applying these window guards if i cant find 3M type? I rescued some of the original clips but will have to resort to tape as well. any tips?

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2004, 02:51 PM
make your own clips out of a tin can... that tape ruins everything under it