PDA

View Full Version : TO TINT or not TO TINT, i.e. da queston.

sanjay
11-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Hey fellas,
My 3G has cancer. I'm not sure when it obtained cancer or how, I just know that i diagnosed it a few weeks ago. I've already magged and sound systemed the 3G, but these mods can be taken out. Now Its only bubble rust, but i think when it shows it means the car is infected. So, do I tint her or not. Or is it $200 AUS ($100 American) too much?
please respond.

Mike89Accordcom
11-02-2002, 10:41 AM
It all depends if you plan on keeping the car.

DBMaster
11-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Tinting is an excellent thing to do while the car is fairly new. It blocks the UV and keeps the interior looking good for a long time as well as cutting down on heat inside the car. (Important in Texas!)

As far as you are concerned the decision should be based on, as Mr89 says, how much longer you plan to have the car. You can drive it a long time with rust.

HondaBoy
11-02-2002, 03:39 PM
i hear ya DBMaster. ya i would say that $100 american is pretty good for tinting. that is how much the did it for my friend that has a chrysler concord. its a big car and they did all the windows in limo tint. also the windshield at the top. i hope to get mine professionaly done cuz the do it yourself tint is not that great. i recommend going to a professional to get it done right.

sanjay
11-02-2002, 07:14 PM
YEah do it yourself is definitely GHAY.....
anyways, thanks fellas, it looks like i'll get the tinting anyway!
YAY!
thanks for the input,
laters

MoonScryer
11-03-2002, 05:41 AM
You can do it yourself, if you do it right. Prep of the window surface is key, and knowing how to remove air bubbles is second in that list. 3rd I say is keep the film wet the entire time with soapy water.

Or just find a professional :D

GreenMachine
11-05-2002, 12:02 AM
If the rust is just bubling then its still salvagable ... stop it now before it gets worse. Get in there was a grinder and sand paper take that rear bumper off and stopp all cancer before it spreads.
then just get some paint match and spray it, better then rust.

Thats just what I would do, just to let the car last longer and also you'll be able to get rid off it for more than a rusted out pos.
my .02 :D

sanjay
11-05-2002, 12:42 AM
thanks green machine, but the problem is the rust is near the bloody sunroof, but yeah, I think I might just chisel the bastard out!