PDA

View Full Version : The Start of my build. 88prelude 2.0si

earlcrabgrass
05-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Hello guys Im new here and would like to start my build thread. I picked up an 88prelude in good running condition about 3gee Months ago. :banned: Happy to say i pulled in to the garage for strip down two days ago. Im thinking of starting with cheap coil overs and looking deeper into the suspension. Any advise would totally be cool! What are you opinions? on breaking will it be suitable for a turbo finish? looking into 17" but have a specific design in mind. I will fabricate or machine most of my own parts and Ano them my self. have any ideas shoot them my way. Thanks for reading i will be back with photos later tonight.
ECG

Dr_Snooz
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Sorry I missed this thread earlier. Sounds like a great build you're planning and I can't wait to see what you fab up. Post pics of the car when you can.

Welcome!

hondalude86
05-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Sounds pretty cool man! I live in CO, just east of boulder if you need to reach out, i might be able to help a little bit. I've got two Normally aspirated 2nd gen Preludes (1983-87), so I truly know those the best, but I've got lots of ideas and have executed several different things in my two cars that you may be able to use on yours as well... The most important thing to keep in mind is the overall purpose or goal you want to reach with this car... Seems like i've beat myself up over the years trying to get it just right, when I didn't know what right was! Either way I've got both my cars on here, and lots of info on my one build, but when it comes to suspension, brakes and all out handling performance, I'm pretty good with that. Plenty of people on this forum to get you going, excited to see this thing develop over the years...
-Ryan Dussex

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x319/hondalude86/IMG_7331_zps6f3b4843.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/hondalude86/media/IMG_7331_zps6f3b4843.jpg.html)

mdajr1011
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
what would be the best dohc motor to put in my 86 prelude. I already have a jdm sohc swap and i want something with more hp

hondalude86
05-18-2013, 05:02 AM
a swap thats been done, and should be pretty straight forward would be a B series Engine swap, something like a b16a with 160hp or maybe a b18c5 with 195hp would suit the bill... That being said, there is still plenty you can do to these motors... As far as there being a "JDM" sohc motor for these cars, I'm not familiar with its uniqueness... Be ready to pony up 3-4k to swap the motor in... a turbo setup on that car would be as quick or quicker and alot cheaper... just a thought