PDA

View Full Version : Tight Ride

martyb
11-02-2002, 12:04 AM
:banghead: 1993 Accord EX-R
Im looking for some tips on updating my suspention and springs.
Im not really intrested in lowering my car at, i just want a tight ride, at a reasonable price.

Can anyone speak from experience and suggest a good spring and shock combo for the 4th G. Accords

Any manufacturers i should steer clear from??

Is there a brand that is far superior to the rest?

Are there different forms of sport suspention availible other than the stock method.

From The Nickel City,.... Thanx

:werd:

Jims 86LXI HB
11-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Wow, with a 4th gen you can have pretty much what ever suspension maker's offerings that please's you. What I'd recommend, if you don't really want to lower the car would be H&R sofsport springs they will only lower the car about 3/4" and Kyb AGX struts. The AGX's are multi adjustable and you can set them to pretty much match the springs. If you want stiffer than that I'd call ground-control and find out the spring rates for their sleave coilovers for the 4th gen. Then call Koni and speak to gordon and ask him what spring rate range would be ideal to use with their Sport sturt. If the range he gives you it within the range that ground-control gave you, your set. If know you can have ground control change the spring rates. If that's not good enough I'd think about full bodied coilovers from progress group, Neuspeed, H&R and Tien. How much money you want to spend will really make a difference. All the full bodied coilovers will be a thousand and up.