PDA

View Full Version : From performance to Stock

Neuspeed007
11-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Whell guys winter is coming, and for me its coming fast. Its time to start taking off my custom wheels, and let my car spend some time in storage. It is best for all you guys to get those snow tires ready. and i dont want to hear about some ruined wheels.

:smokin:

iiviasterp
11-02-2002, 02:32 PM
my cars been in storage for about a month now! i get to keep it in a huge barn up at my work! thats where its gettin its makeover too.... gotta love that... free storage and a place to work on it! and i sold my rims so didnt need to worry about that! when the cars back together im gonna have to roll some 14'' steelies for a while untill i get my 17's!

MoonScryer
11-03-2002, 05:49 AM
One thing great about living in Georgia, but not in the mountains. We are lucky to get snow once a year, and that is less than a 1/4". If it's more than that, or any at all, everything shuts down anyway :D

Scorpion88LX
11-03-2002, 08:39 AM
It's like that in NC also. The schools shut down when there's the threat of snow.

Neuspeed007
11-03-2002, 09:23 AM
yes u guys should definatly take advantage of the cold weather to work on your car..

Mantis88LX
11-03-2002, 09:49 AM
i am,

my car has been in storage since last sunday,

winter is the best time to work on your car, since your storing it anyways. when spring comes around i will have new pics with some new surprises.. :cool:

LIL'LXi
11-03-2002, 03:41 PM
actually my lx-i is my winter car. i got a 2002 Protege5 i'll be working on this winter.

Kevin
11-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Living in Florida i dont hafta worry about snow at all!!

88WhiteLX-i
11-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Luck Bastard, I wanna live in MIAMI!!

Chubs87Accord
11-06-2002, 11:28 PM
lucky bastard.. I DONT HAVE GARAGE DOORS!!! :lol lol i cant work on my car in the winter... and i REALLY wanna start painting my interior :( :sadwave: and im gonna have to roll in my moms stock ass 94 blazer in the winter :crying: its so high :crying: it needs to be dropped :crying: pwa hah hah <<sound of me crying :crying: :crying:

Neuspeed007
11-06-2002, 11:37 PM
man chubs all this sadness, i feel for ya man, i went 2 winters without a garage!

larnaton
11-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Hrm, why not drive the car... I'm driving my all year... and what's this about rims getting messed up by snow? Hrm, I'm confused.

Neuspeed007
11-08-2002, 03:19 PM
its recomeded that you dont drive your nice show wheels in badweather...but hey its a free country im not saying u cant. just recomended :deal:

Defiant[YD]
11-09-2002, 06:33 PM
and if u live in a country/city that snows like a bitch, u really don't wanna have rims on cuz of the salt on the road. besides, dirty rims aren't happy rims!
but yah, i envy most of u guys, u get to store ur accord during winter. i have to drive mine. and share with the whole family! argh.... stupid bmw is stored all year round 24/7 and it's still stock!!! OMG, if i could only replace the air filter, it'll be up to 200hp.

Neuspeed87lx
11-09-2002, 07:02 PM
my civic is going away soon ...the accord is back to stock besides lowered and an exhaust....its my winter car...i cant wait to drive it ....when im in my civic i have to drive sooo slow over bumps and shit and i have to be so cautious...now with the 3g ...i really dont care if anything happens to it ... i cant wait till it snows :D ...i cant wait till we get the first big storm and there is like 5 feet of snow on the ground...and nooo one at all on the roads... expect me havin looots of fun

dXsquared
11-09-2002, 09:28 PM
when you take off big wheels and put smaller ones on... you are goin to performance... not from performance. with the big wheels and my lude tranny... i lost so much accel and gas mileage took a shit... its also cuz my carb took a shit as well. oh well WEBER is here today... well yesterday... any way... good things happen in winter.. last year i dropped and put in LUDE seats... and i also bought it last fall so i hope for sweet things this year!

Travis

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 11:11 PM
winter is a scary time for driving, my mom is letting me drive our 1998 ford taraus all winter!!!!!! (5 star safety rating) so i feel pretty at ease now... i got in 2 wrecks last year in our old station wagon my mom gave me hehe:super: Its actually supposed to snow tonight! for the first time in boise. The rest of idaho is like 15 inches of snow haha