PDA

View Full Version : Colored Corners

AccordLX-i87
05-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Anyone have colored corner running lights? I want to get some blue ones but im thinking they are kinda illegal...im not sure though...anyone got some? Post some pics plz

87Hybrid
05-12-2002, 07:33 PM
If you are talking about blue bulbs you shouldnt have too much trouble as teh housing is smoked. the best bet is to stop at your local police station and ask a deputy on duty what he thinks, make sure to remember his name and badge number if need for future reference.:bandit:

gr3k0sLaV
05-12-2002, 07:40 PM
What sort of blue bulb you talking?

I was thinking of putting one of those mini halogen bulbs in.

But no one responded to my topic :mad:

AccordLX-i87
05-12-2002, 07:49 PM
I think so, im not sure, I have to take the ones I bought back but I think on the package it says "O.E.M. replacement bulbs"...so i figure they are just blue replacement ones for the stock bulbs....

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-12-2002, 08:20 PM
pix of my old car, shitty but i had green ones w/ no lenses over em, yes very ghetto

Note: Fog Light Wiring shows badly..but i stole em from wal mart:p

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-13-2002, 12:04 AM
I bought some blue lights and put them in, but instead of looking blue they come on looking greenish :huh: , i havent had any cops buggin, plus they are hard to see when your headlights are on, they look good when u have your parking lights on!!!

gr3k0sLaV
05-13-2002, 12:48 AM
You know those 12V lights (the halogen dome lights)
ive ripped one apart and extracted the globe out of it, im going to put it in my corners...

and maybe replace all the door courtesy lights with halogens.

Is that asmart idea?

gr3k0sLaV
05-13-2002, 03:09 AM
Tonight about an hour or so ago, I got really bored and went into the parking garage where my car is stored.

I went in armed with a 12v Halogen downlight globe that I had liberated from it's dome casing.

I took off the corner markers and replaced the corner side marker light with the Halogen.

Put it back in place and switched it on. It looked better, more brighter than it used to be, however I think the inside casing could benefit from some reflector material (if it were possible)

I however am quite worried about the affects of heat, those little halogen bulbs put out a lot of heaps and Im wondering whether or not I could actually use it without damaging the housings?

I would rather put those mini bright blue halogens in there.