PDA

View Full Version : Oakley tint???

martyb
11-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Ive have to replace my front window on a 93 accord ex-r

i want to replace it with a quality windows that comes with a good UV coating, something similar to OAKLEY tint, i dont know??

anyone have anything to add??
what are reasonable prices??(CA or US)
who should i buy it from??
how/where do i get a part number for it??

thanks again

Marty
Ontario
:stick:

HondaBoy
11-02-2002, 03:44 PM
oakley tint? r u talkin about the sun glasses? if thats it, its spelled okley. well i know that the sun glasses have a special UV tint on them called polarized. i have seen some window tint that kinda looks like that. is that wut u mean?

martyb
11-02-2002, 07:01 PM
thats it... im not looking for okley brand name windows just something with a simillar quality?

i dont know if it is a thin film coating or if it the tint is made at the same time as the window??

dXsquared
11-02-2002, 07:21 PM
its not Okley... u dumb shit... i have my minutes in front of me and it says OAKLEY!!! so dont tell peeps shit that u dont know about...

and u can get windsheild tint at some tint places... its real light but does a good job! just dont go too dark cuz the cops will say somthin

Travis

YK86
11-02-2002, 07:53 PM
If you want top quality tint, you have to pay for it. Madico makes good efficient tint and so does Llumar and 3M but it will obviously cost more than crap tint. You can even get Huper Optik tint used in Mercedes but that stuff is expensive because it's so high tech (a clear film they make rejects way more heat than cheaper dark tint). Just get a good metalized tint with a lifetime warranty.

HondaBoy
11-03-2002, 05:28 PM
my bad . i guess everyone on ebay spelled it wrong. they spelled it okley but thats the only reason i told him that. so ur right it is oakley. i think 3M makes some of that tint u want.

89AccordNate
11-04-2002, 12:05 PM
You know this board is sad when the members cant even spell Oakley. Jeez, I think it gets worse everyday.

Nate.