PDA

View Full Version : Faux spoon rims

PhydeauX
11-02-2002, 05:27 PM
How decent are they from a weight/durabilty stand point. The ones I'm looking at are the nippon racing knock off versions. Since I finally have a job that gives me free weekends its time to out fit the car for auto-x. I was going to grab a set if 15" civic steelies. But I just ran across some knock offs on ebay for $350 (good/bad price?). The damn junk yard wants $50 a rim for the civic steelies, and they are too new for the pick a part to have. The seller says they weigh 11lbs, thats a bit lighter then the steelies, and at 6.5" they are a little bit wider too. They also look a bit better, but I'll probably beat the crap out of them anyway.

andy

dXsquared
11-02-2002, 05:31 PM
i can get steelies for 50 canadian dollars brand new at Wal Mart... check there first... i got 5 from a 01-02 civic... i have a full sized spare snow tire. damn i love having all this cash... i was supposed to put 9000 in the bank... but it seems it will all get spent!

Travis

PS I inhareted a shit load of cash... i didnt steal or nuthin!

88WhiteLX-i
11-03-2002, 05:21 PM
LUCKY Bastard........

socal3rdgen
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i can get steelies for 50 canadian dollars brand new at Wal Mart... check there first... i got 5 from a 01-02 civic... i have a full sized spare snow tire. damn i love having all this cash... i was supposed to put 9000 in the bank... but it seems it will all get spent!

Travis

PS I inhareted a shit load of cash... i didnt steal or nuthin!

apread the love to you fellow 3geez members. well ok just me.:sadwave:

88LXi68
11-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by PhydeauX
How decent are they from a weight/durabilty stand point. The ones I'm looking at are the nippon racing knock off versions. Since I finally have a job that gives me free weekends its time to out fit the car for auto-x. I was going to grab a set if 15" civic steelies. But I just ran across some knock offs on ebay for $350 (good/bad price?). The damn junk yard wants $50 a rim for the civic steelies, and they are too new for the pick a part to have. The seller says they weigh 11lbs, thats a bit lighter then the steelies, and at 6.5" they are a little bit wider too. They also look a bit better, but I'll probably beat the crap out of them anyway.

andy

my rotas are "knockoffs" and I havent had any problems. I would jump on the deal. I paid 500shipped for 16" Rota Sub Zeros and they weigh about 14.5lbs each.

Site
11-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by PhydeauX

I have the 15" Civic steels. Got 'em for $110 shipped on Ebay. Brand new, too. Guy put custom rims on as soon as he got his car. I like them, but they are heavy. Over 20 lbs apiece. I want Rota Slipstreams, or I hear Konig Heliums are lightweight, too. I'm definitely gonna stick with 15".

chronicsinners
11-04-2002, 12:44 PM
i love my slipstreams, they are cheap, light and the quality is suprisingly good. I like em.

hey u are off weekends now? id defintly be down to autox with you some weekend, an maybe that weber carb...?
my vote get rota SS's

PhydeauX
11-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Who knows where I'll go. Yeah I am off on weekends now. My schedule is kinda crazy. I know what I am doing usually about a day in advance. But I have sundays off, at least for the rest of this month. PM me and we'll work something out. I don't think they are having auto-x right now. I think the season has ended, and I don't think the winter season starts till january.

andy

Grant2k
11-04-2002, 05:32 PM
if you take good care of the slipstreams or any knock offs they shoudl be good from all i have heard. i worked with a guy who had them on his del sol, but he went off the road in the rain and wrecked 2 of his real bad. big peices came off in the area of the bead, and one cracked. be careful.

where do you go for autocrssing in PA. i am right over the river and i might be interested in getting in on that if i can. i've kind of been looking for a reason to temporarily take thoses subs out.

PhydeauX
11-04-2002, 05:55 PM
I've yet to go. 3 years of working every friday saturday and sunday has kept me from it. I think most of the auto-x is held either at the camden e center or down at boeing which is some where near the air port I think.

andy

chronicsinners
11-05-2002, 08:18 AM
yea if we can find an autox, im game