PDA

View Full Version : Orlando, FL meet, June 22

Vanilla Sky
05-19-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm looking to put together a small meet in Orlando. All cars are welcome, but this is primarily a 3geez event.

What I don't know is where we should meet and what we should do. My first guess is meeting up at DTD or UCW and do a bit of socializing, then cruising 192 for picture spots. By chance, does anyone have season passes to any of the parks? That might be something fun to do, too.

Post here or send me a PM for more information or to add your own thoughts and comments.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

redneck
05-19-2013, 04:48 PM
should come up some so there could be more, somewhat like a southeast meet

lostforawhile
05-19-2013, 05:25 PM
maby by next year I'll have this one on the road

Oldblueaccord
05-20-2013, 11:54 PM
What is that kart track that GRM uses? to test cars on. Could we rent that for a half day that would be fun I think.

Vanilla Sky
05-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Ocala Gran Prix is the track they test on most of the time. $14 for 10 minutes to rent one of their karts, but they're real karts, not kiddie karts.

I've chosen Orlando due to its central location in Florida. Moving the meet further North discourages the 5 or so Orlando members, and pretty much everyone south of there. One of these manifolds needs to be delivered in that direction, so I'm also hoping to make that hand-off at the meet.

Oldblueaccord
05-24-2013, 04:07 PM
ah ok Ocala.

well you mentioned Deals gap in another thread I got confused with. Good luck with the meet.

apache07x
05-28-2013, 04:09 AM
We don't have park passes any more but I do have a 3 Geez or 2. We're planning on going and bringing the hatch. Any ideas on where at yet?

Vanilla Sky
05-30-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm looking into turning this into an all makes, all models meet. It might become a monthly, like a Cars and Coffee, but more like Cars and Corona Cigars meet. Everyone here likes a good cigar, right?

apache07x
05-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm looking into turning this into an all makes, all models meet. It might become a monthly, like a Cars and Coffee, but more like Cars and Corona Cigars meet. Everyone here likes a good cigar, right?

Oh no not cigars lol

apache07x
06-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Any concrete plans yet?

Vanilla Sky
06-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Still on the lookout for a location.

apache07x
06-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Cool. I got mine back together now. Would still like to get the spoiler painted I got from Dennis and get it on but it don't have to be to drive lol

apache07x
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
How about Old Town? They have a lot of meets there don't they? IDK I don't get to Orlando a whole lot anymore unless it's something like this but dang sure looking forward to it.

Vanilla Sky
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Saturdays are their classic night, which excludes us. I doubt we'd have enough parking together for even a small meet at Old Town.

What do you think about the Festival Bay Mall? It's mostly empty parking lot. We shouldn't have any issues there.

apache07x
06-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Lol I thought our cars were classics at 24+ years old. Just trying to throw something out there and see if it makes sense.

Vanilla Sky
06-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, I has a sad. I have to work, and I can't change my schedule. We need to get something going, though.

2oodoor
06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Is it hot enough to need ac there yet?

ItsaHonda
06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm definitely down for a meet in Orlando. Festival Bay Mall is darn near empty (or at least it was the last time I was there) the only thing still going for it is the movie theater and Bass Pro shop if that's even still open... but there is PLENTY of empty parking lot space. Universal City walk is cool, too... but I don't think parking is free anymore after 6 p.m like it used to be... it's been a while since I've been out there.

As for the temps, it's been hotter than hell this week... mostly cause of the insanely high humidity, but neither of my Accords have AC so I just have to deal with for now anyway.

Vanilla Sky
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I've been sweating my balls off all week to be honest, Guy. A/C will be installed very soon.

Vanilla Sky
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
And for whatever it's worth, if everyone would come to my little podunk town, I could do a pretty good meet.

ItsaHonda
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
If I came to Palatka any time soon, I'd have to take the 90.

2oodoor
06-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Good chance I will be in Fla, but as for bringing one of my cars... Nope, no ac, I will be in something rented.

apache07x
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
And for whatever it's worth, if everyone would come to my little podunk town, I could do a pretty good meet.

When are you thinking since your working the 22nd? I'd probably come but I'd have to find a hotel. I'm used to being up at 4 in the morning and in bed by 10 or so. Old people can't take us anywhere lol

Vanilla Sky
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
LOL, I work at a hotel if we want to do a big meet. I can get us a juicy group rate.

apache07x
06-19-2013, 05:34 AM
LOL, I work at a hotel if we want to do a big meet. I can get us a juicy group rate.

Looks like were having a hard time getting a small meet right now. But I'm up for it. Just have to plan it out.

2oodoor
06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Yaw need to text me about this cuz me no wifi

2oodoor
06-21-2013, 04:05 PM

You are not BS, this would be an awesome place to have an event. Rates are very very reasonable ( keep in mind I just left Panama City Beach lol) and the scenery is beautiful. I just ate the best dinner Ive had in weeks, right next door.
This will be a destination for me in future travels for certain!
Edit: oh and free wifi! 3 days without internet sucked where I stayed earlier in the week

Vanilla Sky
06-23-2013, 05:19 AM
So, we ended up having an impromptu mini meet when 2oodoor texted me while on a road trip. It turns out he was looking for a place to stay. Well, I work at a hotel and can get family rates, so I hooked him up with my discount. Nice room on the water front, an excellent choice.

Yesterday morning, I headed to the hotel to deliver one of the turbo manifolds to him and to hang out for a while. After few texts with him Apache07x wants to meet, so we all decided head to Daytona. 2oodoor, his family, and I hopped in his sweet-ass Dart rental and headed down the highway. Our first stop was the flea market where some killer CDs were acquired. We stopped in for some Chipotle, then headed for the beach.

Now, any time you're in Daytona, you've got to drive on the beach, so that's what we did. About a mile up the beach, we managed to get quite buried in sand. After about 15 minutes of digging and *almost* getting it out, a guy with a lifted FJ Cruiser on 35" All Terrains snatched us out, but not after nearly getting himself stuck twice. Notes to self: Dodge Darts have LOW subframes, and FJ Cruisers kinda suck.

Once we get off of the beach and back on blacktop, we go down and meet up with Apache07x and get to see his cool hatch. That car is clean, really clean. Nice paint, OEM floor mats, a kickin' stereo, SEi cupholders, a nice drop and some cool wheels. You don't realize how high your car sits until you've seen one lowered in recent memory.

Since we had all met up at the pier in Daytona Beach, we decided to hit up some go karts on the boardwalk. This is something we have to do for the next 3geez meet. The kiddie karts we rode, while not being the fastest machines on earth, were incredibly fun. The biggest thing that sucked was we were all getting ready to start making moves through the pack when time ran out.

After karts, we walked around a but, did some bullshitting, headed back toward the cars, BSed some more, then headed our separate ways.

2oodoor checked out of my hotel this morning, heading back home.

And I've been up 27 hours...

apache07x
06-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Had a good time chilling with friends although Daytona is kind of boring. Would've been better if we planned it a little better, hit a sports bar or something, and spent a little more time hanging out. Thanks for the props on the hatch "D" I appreciate it. Was awesome to finally meet my best friend here on the forum, thanks for coming down and meeting up Guy. Here's a picture of my "calico" sedan I was telling you guys about.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/189/n4w0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/n4w0.jpg/)

apache07x
06-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Oh and here's a pic of my subs you were asking me about Vanilla Sky

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/703/bztr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/bztr.jpg/)

apache07x
06-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I just ate the best dinner Ive had in weeks,

Don't let the wife see this or you'll be living on Bologna sandwiches and Cheerios lol

Vanilla Sky
06-23-2013, 09:01 PM

That's what you need to paint the calico like.

apache07x
06-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Oh no. It's going to be about the color red on that passengers door when I'm done with black moldings.

2oodoor
06-24-2013, 03:34 AM
Don't let the wife see this or you'll be living on Bologna sandwiches and Cheerios lol

No worries, I usually do all the cookin but evidently she whooped up a few gormet meals while I was gone, so Im anxious to try the sequals!
That white car is beyond calico, looks more like a crash test car or new model spy shot lmao...
I kidding i kidding heres mine on the good side lol

Thanks for the kudos you guys are great, the whole day was literally a trip in every sense.
The bird incident will forever be tatooed on my hat... The shirt has been washed.
Steve put his hand up as we were greeting upon meeting and at the exact moment a birdin the wire above shat upon me... For a split second I thot he flung a booger or had food in his hand and threw it at me accidently then I saw the "oyster" it was obviously hilarious even to me. Damn bird

2oodoor
06-24-2013, 04:54 AM
FWIW the ole Dodge did 1024 miles on 33 gallons, equates to 31 mpg combined.. Not to shabby and consider it was 0 mpg for what seemed like 45 min...cough cough
I tried to upload some pics from the ipod but they keep coming upside down even when I edit the originals upside down wtf.
I will put some up in the next few days... Back to work today yeah /booooo
Vanilla Sky, the view and serenity of the quiet sunrise Sunday was breathtaking. I sat alone on the bench and took it all in before the departure.

The parking lot is screeming car meet just by the lay out. Not much to do there as for amusements but for water sports and socializing, or just peace n quiet.. Knocks it out of the park.
The resteraunt, zomg, if they are consistant with the quality of food I got Friday nite, definately worth the drive in itself. Gator tail, fresh local shrimp battered perfectly.. And fish of the day.. All top notch. Evenged7x, my son, said his steak was awesome.
Apache07x, your hatch is sweet, you have one of my favorite cars on the board now. Pictures do no justice to that car as seeing it in person.

apache07x
06-24-2013, 07:47 AM
No worries, I usually do all the cookin but evidently she whooped up a few gormet meals while I was gone, so Im anxious to try the sequals!
That white car is beyond calico, looks more like a crash test car or new model spy shot lmao...
I kidding i kidding heres mine on the good side lol

Thanks for the kudos you guys are great, the whole day was literally a trip in every sense.
The bird incident will forever be tatooed on my hat... The shirt has been washed.
Steve put his hand up as we were greeting upon meeting and at the exact moment a birdin the wire above shat upon me... For a split second I thot he flung a booger or had food in his hand and threw it at me accidently then I saw the "oyster" it was obviously hilarious even to me. Damn bird

Yeah I know it's pretty rough that's why I said Dennis' car made me ashamed of mine. But it will look decent one day. Don't think I'm going to do the full on restore to her though just backup transportation but she definitely needs some paint work. Mama wants another 4G or Civic so that will get the full on restore when I find a candidate.

Damn birds. I never saw so many people looking up the rest of the day. I wasn't going to tell that story but since you told it....that was funny right there. lol

apache07x
06-24-2013, 07:54 AM
FWIW the ole Dodge did 1024 miles on 33 gallons, equates to 31 mpg combined.. Not to shabby and consider it was 0 mpg for what seemed like 45 min...cough cough
I tried to upload some pics from the ipod but they keep coming upside down even when I edit the originals upside down wtf.
I will put some up in the next few days... Back to work today yeah /booooo
Vanilla Sky, the view and serenity of the quiet sunrise Sunday was breathtaking. I sat alone on the bench and took it all in before the departure.

The parking lot is screeming car meet just by the lay out. Not much to do there as for amusements but for water sports and socializing, or just peace n quiet.. Knocks it out of the park.
The resteraunt, zomg, if they are consistant with the quality of food I got Friday nite, definately worth the drive in itself. Gator tail, fresh local shrimp battered perfectly.. And fish of the day.. All top notch. Evenged7x, my son, said his steak was awesome.

Glad you had a good trip. Too bad your not closer so we could hang out more and help each other out with these old cars we love.

Apache07x, your hatch is sweet, you have one of my favorite cars on the board now. Pictures do no justice to that car as seeing it in person.

Thank you so much. She still needs a lot of work, just little things and a paint job eventually, but I am proud of her.

2oodoor
06-24-2013, 02:05 PM
This rare and artisticly extinct albino sea turtle had been found nesting at a local beach. As you can see beach goers carressing and coaching the creature as a passer by observes for eggs. This displays the instincive helpfull relationship between human civilization and sea life.

apache07x
06-25-2013, 02:01 AM
This rare and artisticly extinct albino sea turtle had been found nesting at a local beach. As you can see beach goers carressing and coaching the creature as a passer by observes for eggs. This displays the instincive helpfull relationship between human civilization and sea life.

At least she wasn't rolled over on her shell. That would have made moving her even more difficult. Lmao

2oodoor
06-27-2013, 03:06 PM
So, we ended up having an impromptu mini meet when 2oodoor texted me while on a road trip. It turns out he was looking for a place to stay. Well, I work at a hotel and can get family rates, so I hooked him up with my discount. Nice room on the water front, an excellent choice.

you've seen one lowered in recent memory.

Since we had all met up at the pier in Daytona Beach, we decided to hit up some go karts on the boardwalk. This is something we have to do for the next 3geez meet. The kiddie karts we rode, while not being the fastest machines on earth, were incredibly fun. The biggest thing that sucked was we were all getting ready to start making moves through the pack when time ran out.

After karts, we walked around a but, did some bullshitting, headed back toward the cars, BSed some more, then headed our separate ways.

2oodoor checked out of my hotel this morning, heading back home.

And I've been up 27 hours...

It was cool seeing your white coupe up and going as a DD. That is a huge step and deserves acknowledgment I probably neglected to mention. It looks good with the wheels too.
I have some cleaner used on fleet trucks a saleman gave me, its called PanelBrite. Ive cleaned mold, tree droppings, oxidation that would have taken hours to get off, just by spraying some on a wet surface, let it sit a minute and come back with a rv wash brush. Rinses right off and SHINES. I think it would work great on those spots you're trying to get off.

ItsaHonda
06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
I missed it! :( I would've driven up. Is an Orlando meet still in the plans...?

apache07x
06-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I missed it! :( I would've driven up. Is an Orlando meet still in the plans...?

I'd like to do something sometime but I don't know about everyone else close by.

apache07x
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I still got some pics to post from the go kart track when I remember to do it. Been a really long week at work this week and I got tomorrow to go still.

2oodoor
06-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd like to do something sometime but I don't know about everyone else close by.

That is surprising because there were a LOT of enthuesiastic members in Fla.. Sign of the times I guess.
Pictures? Who had a camera? Lol

apache07x
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
That is surprising because there were a LOT of enthuesiastic members in Fla.. Sign of the times I guess.
Pictures? Who had a camera? Lol

Cindy had her smart phone. Lol

Vanilla Sky
06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
My paint cleans up well, I just get too pissed off at the paint when I wash it. It makes me notice all of the issues, like the fact that they didn't even scuff before they sprayed. New paint is the ONLY correction for my car.

It's great to hear you liked our hotel. We not only have the paved parking, we have the marina parking and down between the storage buildings that we could use. The owner just has to be okay with it. He should be if we're all staying there, and I can probably get us a nice rate if we wanted to go out on a boat all day.

apache07x
07-22-2013, 04:14 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/8ere4ysa.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/besehy4e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/vatugehy.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2