PDA

View Full Version : Damn Clutch!!!!

socal3rdgen
11-02-2002, 06:28 PM
ok i was at a stop lightand it turned green, i press the clutch and :wtf: the damn thing went to the floor. mean while im holding up traffic so i grind it to first and hit a uturn then i park it. did my clutch cable snap. if it did how much is the part and can i do it my self without a tranny place doing it. please help

by the way i still made it into first so i pretty sure my clutch is still there. i just had it replaced less then 2 weeks ago.:banghead:

AZmike
11-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a broken cable or bad adjustment. It's pretty easy to check. Take a look and see if it's still there on the front of the tranny. I haven't had to replace mine so I don't know what they cost.

socal3rdgen
11-02-2002, 06:45 PM
the clutch pedal will move 1/2 inch while its on the floor. that the only way i can start the car. does that mean its still broken. or could somthing have came loose?

smufguy
11-02-2002, 07:15 PM
the cable casing might still be on the tranny but the white cable might have got cut. I think i have read just one post saying their tranny cable got cut. Anywayz, its not hard at all. All u need to do is get a cable from the junk and put it on urself, its not a hard job.

accord_lx_86
11-03-2002, 02:15 AM
a new cable shouldnt cost that much...no more than about 30 bucks i would think

socal3rdgen
11-03-2002, 11:06 AM
for some reason i took the cable off and the put it back on and adjusted it to the last thread to the left. it works but the grip feels way less then stock. and i have a act stage on the has about 1 1/2 months use not hard use. so i just got to figure out the cable first.