PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed following fender bender!!!!

MrSamson
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Hey-

I put pictures up on the 3geez Facebook page-but last night I hydro-planed on freeway and slid into side wall, making contact with wall at bumper, passenger side.

I was able to drive away no problems with steering, and alignment did not seem altered that was apparent when driving away.

At any rate, the light is probably toast & so is the bumper.

I am assuming the best first step is to remove the bumper and see what bent underneath?

Is there a write-up on removing the front bumper? I have the FSM and have not looked yet, but I would think removal cannot be that hard.

I am planning to start working on this tomorrow with goal of getting up on jacks and removing bumper.

Any thoughts, tips, advice, or otherwise very appreciated. I painted this car with a roller and therefore could do that again. I am not looking to pimp this thing out but would like to get it functional again and not necessarily be an eye sore either.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice given. Picking up replacement parts should not be too big of a challenge given u-pull it wrecking yards are all over portland.

Looking forward to getting this thing back on the road! This could have been worse and I am actually thankful it was not my 97 Prelude SH!

Take care-

Jafir
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Front bumper or rear? The manual does show removal. Assuming the body didn't get much damage it's pretty easy. I replaced the front bumper on an 86 that got hit a little too hard and I think I could only get 3 of the 4 bolts that hold the re-bar to the body to go back in.

Dr_Snooz
05-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Disassembly is outlined in the manual, but basically, remove the two blinkers and then the four bolts behind them and the whole things comes off in your hands. The blinkers are held in with a single screw on each side. The screw comes up from the underside of the bumper and can be pretty hard to find if you don't know that.

Post pics of your work so we can follow along.