PDA

View Full Version : Side-Marker Bulb Replacement confusion

mrma5b
05-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

A couple nights ago, I noticed that the two bulbs on the front-passenger side-marker assembly were burned out. I tried searching for replacement bulbs, but the closest equivalent I could find were 168's.

The owner's manual lists the two bulbs differently, but they both look damn-near identical in shape and size. Without the manual in front of me, I recall one of them being listed as "12-5W" and the other was something like "12V-3C".

Would it be okay to use the 168 bulbs to replace both of the original bulb types? If not, what are the proper equivalents?

Dr_Snooz
05-23-2013, 06:11 PM
You want bulbs that are equivalent in voltage and wattage and that also fit in the socket. If the 168 bulbs do that, then rock on.

HLW
05-23-2013, 08:05 PM
The 5w bub is the 168 and the 3W bulb is a 194 bulb. They are interchangeable but the 168 will be brighter. You can also get 168 LED bulbs from LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS (http://www.superbrightleds.com/) and some parts store may have the LEDs in red or amber. I think Autozone has some of the LEDs. they are more expensive but should last longer, be brighter and use less watts.

mrma5b
05-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went ahead and just put in 168s for both bulbs, and they seem to work fine. I'll have to look into the LED replacements in the future, when my budget allows it.