PDA

View Full Version : combination switch for hatch

Commeatus
05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm looking for a combination switch from a 3dr hatch. base model (dx), if it matters. pick n pull currently devoid of hatches as far as I can tell. if you're in the bay area, I'll come get it, otherwise I'm happy to pay s&h. thanks!

Legend_master
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Hate to tell you these are getting hard to find, hatches are the only model in th US that has a rear wiper.

lostforawhile
05-24-2013, 06:12 PM
search on here, russiankid wrote a really good thread on taking one of those apart, and repairing it, they have been discontinued longer then the other combination switches, it's usually the low beam out, it can be fixed but it takes patience, get a common one from a sedan for parts, everything internally is the same other then the rear wiper,washer switch, I need to pick up some broken ones at the yard for parts, normallly the rear wiper switch isnt used as much, so it's very unlikely to fail, but all the other pieces can be sourced from any of the other switches. once you fix it, I would also do the low beam relay conversion, this unloads the low beam part of the switch, which is overloaded from the factory, and it then only carries miliamps

lostforawhile
05-24-2013, 06:19 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5609

Dr_Snooz
05-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm looking for a combination switch from a 3dr hatch.

What's your issue with the one you have?

lostforawhile
05-25-2013, 10:57 PM
dont throw it away, they are too hard to find, follow the directions in the link I gave you and repair it, you can find sedan switches everywhere, if the contacts are burned beyond repair, take the contacts out of one of those