PDA

View Full Version : No turn signals!

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
11-03-2002, 12:29 PM
My turn signals stopped working all the sudden...the fuse under the dash is ok, and i pulled an ugly metal relay from the fusebox which the diagram seems to indicate would be the relay...but nothing happens when i select the turn signal lever at all on the dash and the turn signals dont work outside either...i have checked all the bulbs and they seem ok....

89AccordNate
11-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Check the assembly switch on your steering wheel that you turn your signals on with, this more then likely broke. The peices inside are only thin plastic so the parts tend to wear/snap under 13 years of use.

Nate.

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
11-03-2002, 02:16 PM
this all seems to be ok...i got the top and bottom pieces off of the steering column, after doing that i used WD40 on it and now i have the following problem:

Hazard lights wont go out no matter what i do...i had to pull the turn signal relay out just to drive around...

next step please?

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
11-04-2002, 06:19 AM

ccpp
11-04-2002, 10:12 AM
It is funny that I just had the exact same problem with my 96 accord 3 weeks ago. It turned out the hazard warning switch was kind of broken and the contacts inside that switch was loose that cut the power to the turn signals.

You may try hitting the hazard switch a few times and it might work. It worked for me.

But you can't just remove the switch because if you do then you will have no turn signals. You will have to get a new switch if its broken.

Added:
There is only one relay that controls both the turn signals and hazard flash in the 96 accords. It might not be the case in a 3G.

smufguy
11-04-2002, 12:36 PM
the metal relay on ur carb fuse box is not for the flashers, its ur fuel pump cut off relay. U mean the metal relay with holes in its casing? if thts what ur talking about, then its the fuel pump cut off relay

ur flasher relay and hazard are two different relays as u know. The flaser is kinda in the middle of the fuse box (on the rear that is) and the hazard is kinda to the corner. Replace the relays from the junk or if u want one, i got spares ones lying around and u can have it.

anywayz, never just spray WD 4d on the steering column switches, they are plastic u dont need to spay that there. If u wanna take and clean the grease, just use a rag or a tissue paper. moisture messed with ur electrical system as u know.

I have a problem with my car right now where therear works but the front never works with the turn signals or the hazard. I gotta see what is wrong.