PDA

View Full Version : 1987 lx-i hatch coilover help?

203lxihatch
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I have a lxi hatch I want to put on coilovers. Now everyone says to run the koni red shocks with them. My question is if I'm not mistaking a coilover takes the place of the whole strut assembly my shocks are part of the struts oviously so what the hell would I need shocks for and where the hell would I put them? Someone please explain what the hell I'm missing?

Jafir
05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Accords come from the factory with coilovers.

203lxihatch
05-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Figured it out the ground controls are sleeves for the strut.. mods feel free to delete

Legend_master
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Your speaking of two different things. There are full body coilovers that include struts, and springs all as one assembly. Then there are coilover sleeves that come only with springs and sleeves.

Skellington
06-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Look at your suspension and figure out how it works, then compare it with a civic or most new cars.
-Check this out. It will answer your questions. Our accords have double wishbone.

Double Wishbone vs. MacPherson Strut II: Compared - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra (http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs/michaeldelaney/154-double-wishbone-vs-macpherson-strut-ii-compared.html)

Johnshatch
12-24-2013, 11:39 PM
The only diffrence between struts and coilovers is that coilovers have adjustable coil sleeves ef civic coils fit in front and cb7 rears fit. You want a good strut that has a harder dampening adjustment so your not scraping your fenders and bouncing down the road.