PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on how to use $3k?

alpinestar_k
11-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Hey -
I posted a little while back about a cold air intake and I got a reply on that about building one or using a 90-93 Integra one, so thanks for that info. Anyway, I was going to sell my accord but decided to keep it until spring and put some more money in to it - Anyone have any good ideas on how to use 3 grand? Thinking more along the lines of engine and horsepower boost - other than NOS - any suggestions? Headers? ECU Conversions? Intakes? Any info you could pass along would be great - Thanks

89LXiCoupe
11-04-2002, 01:13 AM
Well, if you're just gonna keep the car until the spring then might as well leave it as it is and save your money for somethiing else like a project with a new car. That's what I would do if I was you.

alpinestar_k
11-04-2002, 01:18 AM
Yeah that definitely crossed my mind, but I already have to do some significant engine work to make it worth buying - I'm willing to take my "losses" when I part with it. My next project car is going to not be a honda, so I figure I should make the best of my Lx-i while I have it.

jteuton
11-04-2002, 10:28 AM
Ok tear it down to scratch. Start off with a polished knife-edged crank and a dry sump oil pan. Next go with Eagle or Crower connecting rods. Top them off with JE 8.5 pistons. Port and Polish the hell outta the head. Go with titantium valves and valve springs for extra rev. Get a custom turbo exhaust manifold. Run a t-3 turbo with a delta gate wastegate at 15psi. Get you a blitz BOV. Get a Haltech complete custom ECU. Get a spearco intercooler and Sparco racing seats. Get a Aasco lightweight flywheel. Make your own CAI intake. Get a MSD igniton system. Get new fuel injectors blueprinted by RC Engineering. Get a HighFlow fuelpump and adjustable regulator. Get every gauge you can think of. Bore and polish your TB. Get a phantom grip LSD. Put on a set of Racing Hart cp-035's and your done. Oops you spent too much money

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 10:34 AM
jteuton is leting his dreams flow in that post. i wish i had a setup likethat. shit i wish i had that type of money.

anchovies
11-04-2002, 10:35 AM
After doing all jteuton said, then sell it to me for KBB price. thanks :D

Scorpion88LX
11-04-2002, 11:13 AM
b16a engine with place racing mounts and axles and other stuff

smufguy
11-04-2002, 12:00 PM
ur a very sick man anchovies :D :flip:. You got 3000 bucks well lets see what we can do

1) hunt down a B20A, get it, rebuild it, get new engine mounts
2) get a header and full exhaust
3) get a cam
4) Port polish ur head and ur intake manifold
5) get a lude (forgot the gen) ECU {{{{if u can get a progamable ECu with an external port to be controlled by a laptop
6) get a paint job of ur choice

this is what u can do LESS than $3K on ur accord and i really encourage that u keep ur accord. Why would u wanna spend money on it and once ur done just give it away?

anchovies
11-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
ur a very sick man anchovies :D :flip:.
I know a good deal when I see one.
And this is one heck of a deal :D

Anyway, don't spend unnecessary $ on the car if you're going to sell it so soon. Buyers won't pay for your mods.

alpinestar_k
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the feedback - probably won't put the whole 3 grand on it all, but it's nice to know what I could do - maybe some new headers and a new kit, that'd be fine - anyways, thanks again -

sanjay
11-05-2002, 03:14 AM
nar man, strip the whole engine bay, and get a sweet 10 second accord running!